Badger Chai Rose Lip and Body Balm

Badger Chai Rose Lip and Body Balm

4.3

Not tested on animals

Extra Virgin Olive Oil, *Golden Yellow Beeswax, *Castor Bean Oil, extracts of *Aloe Vera, and CO2 extracts of Rosehip & *Seabuckthorn Berry.

on 4/10/2006 5:21:00 PM

This really smells like cardamom - the rose scent is faint to non-existent. If you love cardamom (I do), it's great - however, if you don't, I recommend one of the other scents. Moisturizes very well but a little bit expensive for a lip balm.

on 11/14/2005 1:40:00 PM

Mr. kate8 has a tub of Chai Rose Balm, and I steal from him regularly. It's like an Indian dessert---a faint hint of rose, and a lot of cardamom. (I know it says "rose," but if a guy can get past the name, it's really mostly spice, and not "feminine" at all.) It smells wonderful, and the cardamom's tingly on my tongue if I lick my lips. It applies smoothly, and takes a little while to wear off. My lips feel protected and softer after I use it. Great balm!

on 9/25/2005 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I find this balm a little on the pricey side for what it is, but that being said, it's still affordable. I don't really smell the rose in this one, it's overpowered by the chai scent, but I bought it for the chai anyway so that's no bother to me. As a lip balm, it's a weensy bit greasy and it tastes kind of gnarly/perfumey, but it gets the job done. I like it best when I get ragged hangnails, which I get a lot (nervous habit of picking at the skin around my nails... gross, I know). This product is a good multitasker... that is to say, it's a good one to toss in your bag when you don't want to carry lip balm/cuticle balm/moisturizer/fragrance/hair stuff all at once (yeah, hair stuff... in a pinch I've used it to smooth flyaways), but I wouldn't say it's my #1 product in terms of getting things done. It's not my favourite lip balm, not my favourite healing ointment, not my favourite moisturizer... but it gets the job done; it's definitely more than sufficient, just not the absolute cream of the crop. I'd still buy it again, just for the cuteness/convenience factor.

I really don't like the smell of this balm but it works well. Huge tin will last a while too. Leaves my lips very shiny and pillowy. Will repurchase but probably in a different scent.

on 5/23/2005 9:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

It took me a little while to get used to the scent, but at first I applied this under another lip balm. What I love about this is the ingredients: organic extra virgin olive oil, castor oil, beeswax, extracts of aloe vera, rose hip and sea buckthorn berry... you get the picture. It is all natural and moisturizes really well. It's nice to find a natural product that really works.

on 5/11/2005 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

It took me a while to get used to this scent; the ingredients list cardamom, vanilla, and rose, but the cardamom really predominates. It doesn't so much smell like chai tea as like rose soap, since cardamom is a very soapy base note. However, now I really like it as a pleasant, sophisticated alternative to the fruity and candy-like balms out there. The texture is the softest of any balm I've tried; it actually looks like clear liquid gloss when you first apply it, but softens and soaks in very nicely. Great for lips chapped from wearing drying lippies!

on 12/20/2004 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great scent and not strong. This is a pleasant rose scent and keeps the lips fairly soft. I do wish that this balm was a little more harder as it is a bit soft, but still love that it has multiple uses such as a hand salve and great for keeping the cuticles moist. I am giving it a 4 as though i love badger i wish this was just a tad more moisturizing then it is.

on 6/1/2004 1:17:00 PM

Moisturizes great, and I love the scent. The cardamom always makes me feel meditative because it reminds me of my yoga center where my teacher has tea for us after class. That said, all of the Badger products are too scented!! I would only use this one at home where no one can really smell me. My favorite Badger product is the unscented healing balm.

on 5/25/2004 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nice and spicy scent, long lasting moisture, natural, and affordable. Now that it's available in stick form, I think that it's almost perfection.