MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.4

on 2/27/2008 4:52:00 PM

This is pretty close to clear on my pigmented lips (I'm an NC30) with a very subtle pale gold microshimmer..very pretty! I could see using this over my nude lippies when I want to dress them up a bit with shimmer...This is very, very subtle though, so if you're looking for OTT glitzy, this is not the gloss for you. I love the lustreglass formula and find that it is far less sticky than the original lipglass formula which I hate. I have so many other glosses that I can't see running out of this, but if by some weird chance that did happen, I suppose I would repurchase this...

on 4/17/2008 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

i like this nude, subtle gold shimmer gloss. it gives great shine and isn't sticky. it's good for when you want a natural look but clear gloss is too boring. it lasts long and doesn't get messy and ooze out the top when you open and close. it kind of smells like vanilla i think, which is nice. it doesn't particularly moisturize or plump, although the shine makes your lips look plumper. for reference, im a light-skinned asian and i tend to get really dry, flaky lips. i also seem to look better in cool-toned colors mostly.

on 9/29/2008 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is my fav Lipglass from MAC! It is a subtle gold that goes on clear with a hint of light color! I love it for work and nights out...I will be buying again once I am out! Watch out..is a lil sticky!

on 3/16/2009 9:45:00 PM

This is a fabulous staple to have in your makeup bag, it looks gorgeous over any shade of pink lipstick. Today I wore it over the HK Most Popular shade and yesterday over Angel and even over MAC red, it looked fab over everything. I have tons of lipglosses and hardly make a dent in any but this is one I can see myself using up. I really recommend it if you have olive skin tones, like I said it looks great over pink lipstick and the extra touch of gold really flatters olive skin tones.

on 5/8/2009 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I don't normally reach for gold makeup products but decided to give this a try & it's great! A nice peachy-nude. High shine, great feel, gorgeous sexy nude

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This is my new favorite lip gloss. I love that it makes any lipstick amazing. Even on its own, with a little lipliner this gloss looks great. Clear with little gold flecks not chunks of glitter. Would definitely buy again and again and again (sorry Nymphette: you've been dethrowned).

on 6/16/2009 8:26:00 AM

as an nc15 redhead it can be hard to find products that are flattering but not over the top. Even when MAC created a line that had stuff picked out just for redheads the lipglass didnt suit me. Instant Gold however is a dream come true. I purchased it after an MA said that the closest I could get to orangedecence without the actual stuff was cb96 with instant gold on top. I love the combo and instant gold came to be a hidden gem in the combo. I can wear it over any lipstick and it looks awesome. There are plenty of gold glosses out there but I am happy enough with this one I dont really feel the need to search for another.

love instant gold, the texture, smell, especially love the non drying formula doesn't peel my lips at all. normally go for nudes like c-thru but it drys my lips out too much. instant gold shows up some what like a nude color just a lot more sheer and little sparkly...so glad i repurchased it. had used one all up a while back and forgot just how much i liked it....

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this solely to give another dimension to all my current mac lipsticks. i love it the texture isnt gritty and gives flat colours more dimension and a slight sparkle. slightly sticky and thick but for me thats a good thing. would buy over and over again!! makes my lips feel slightly plumper..

on 10/10/2009 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love, love, love this gloss!

It can be worn alone for hints of shimmer and subtle color, OR over a lipstick for that extra shine. It's versatility deserves much praise alone, but I'm also a fan of the brush (unlike other glosses that have a doe foot wand). The texture itself is a little sticky but overall is smooth. TWO BIG THUMBS UP!