MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.4

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is the brother/sister (you pick!) of MAC's gold charm gloss, elaborate gloss, and nice buzz plushglass. I love the formula, love the smell, and on my (note this) MEDIUM-LIGHTLY pigmented lips, it provides for a very sexy nude glossy gold! Love to pair this with a smokey/dramatic/colorful eye. I can see how this gloss would be clear on a person with pigmented lips, but either way, its a beautiful color to me:) Would look great over many lipstick shades! Very glossy, very meow!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Why haven't I bought this before?! The most perfect neutral gloss with shimmer ever!! I usually use c-thru as my neutral ( I have darker pigment in my lips) but this isn't opaque and it isn't clear either. It gives you a plumpy lip look and it will look good over anything. I put it over my Viva Glam VI l/s and it looks gorgeous!! Because it's a lustreglass, it doesn't stay put as long as lipglass, but hey, it's a sacrifice I'll have to make!! I have olive skin that tends to look yellowy some days and sometimes gold neutrals make me sallow. This lippie doesn't. Gosh, where has my mind been all these years while shopping at MAC to have overlooked such a great staple!

on 11/4/2007 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wow! I was pleasantly surprised with this gloss. It's a beautiful shimmery shiny light tan/gold gloss. The feeling is moisturizing and slippery and not as sticky as regular lipglass. Would look great over lipsticks but on it's own is fab! Will definitely re-purchase when I run out.

on 11/12/2007 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous shimmery pale gold gloss. Looks great over any lipstick. My faves to pair it with are Blankety, Hug Me, VGV.

I bought the christmas set last year, where it came in five different colors ------ which included INSTANT GOLD. Originally, this set was suppose to be a gift ---- but I couldn't resist! I was very disappointed how this and the other lustreglass turn out. The colors are great, but the lipgloss is extremely sticky. I like to wear my hair down ------ and constantly my hair gets attached to my lips. Overall, this lipgloss set was overpriced and like most other lipgloss they don't last long either. You have to keep reapplying it.

on 12/12/2007 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I'm really in love with this gloss. I've been wearing it for years and i've repuchased it two times. If you dont eat anything it will last all day not like other glosses I've used that dry up in 2 hours time. The whiteish/pinkish/goldish gloss looks lovely on my nc45 skin tone (golden/olive). I took off one lippy though because its very sticky (not very kissable) and sorta expensive($16) for a little lip grease.

on 12/14/2007 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

i'm giving this lipglass 5 lippies not because it's an astoundingly unique color but because for what it is, it's perfect. the color, the texture, the smell/taste, and how long-lasting it is for a lipgloss makes it worthy of the perfect rating. i actually purchased this to wear over Blankety lipstick, and it looks perfect with that, but alone it's pretty basic. in the tube, the gloss looks light peachy w/gold shimmer but on your lips it's pretty much clear and shiny. used alone it does tone down the rosiness of my lips a little bit but not enough to give me a nude look. it's comfortable feeling but sticky, which is ok with me, because the thick stickiness of MAC's lipglasses are what keeps them on your lips for so much longer than other lipglosses. it wears off evenly and leaves no shimmer behind. i do like the fact that the tube comes w/a brush instead of a doe foot wand, although when i'm wearing it over lipstick i dab the gloss on my finger and use my finger to put it on my lips so i can avoid cross-color-contamination (haha!). to me, there is no taste or smell, but i don't have the keenest nose so it's quite possible that it has that trademark MAC vanilla smell. it's a great gloss and a good buy, and i'd recommend it.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

MAC lustreglass lip gloss in Instant Gold looks light peach-sh / light beige-ish gloss in the tube with shimmer to it.
I am NC 45 / C6 / GGG with pigmented mauve-ish toned lips. I do not wear it by itself on my lips. But I use it to top off a lot of my lipsticks with.. be they lighter colors or darker colors. I also use it sometimes directly on top of lipliners.

Like all other MAC lustreglasses it has a very nice fine gold shimmer to it, which I love. Yes, it does give the hair stuck on my lips look on a windy day, but I can live with that. Love the staying power.

Got it from a friend so didnt pay a dime for it. Would purchase another tube if I run out of it.

So i have always said i am not a lipgloss person. too sticky and annoying. i usually like matte colors too. my sister gave me this lipgloss and i figured i'd try it. i would have never bought this though just because its pricey and like i said i am not a lipgloss person. BUT i love this lipgloss!! i love the applicator. it feels so soft and good on my lips and the color is pretty. i think when im done with this i am going to buy one..maybe another color just to experiment. maybe i will find a color i like more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

HG HG HG HG HG!!!! I love this shade!!!! it is a gorgous gold with some slight peachy undertones not garish at all!!! i wear this over all my lipsticks and it make my lips look soooo pouty!! :) i'm just sad that i left this at my friends house over the weekend grrr!! and i counting down the days untill i get it back. i seriously feel like my look is not complete with out this gloss :)