MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This really reminds me of Gold Charm Lipglass w/o the chunky glitter. Of course with the Lustreglass formula I have to put on several layers to get a color payoff at all from this. But a few layers does give a slight light nude/caramel tint to my pigmented lips which tones them down. It has pretty non gaudy shimmer and glass like shine. I definitely agree with anyone who said this looks sexy with a smokey eye, which is what I wore it with today. Definitely a great combo!

At first I wasn't too sure about Instant Gold but it is growing on me. I think I will actually consider repurchasing it once I use mine up. continued >>

on 12/4/2006 9:31:00 AM

I really adore this lipgloss..beautiful shine as well as perfect color with my high yellow skin tone. Best thing if you accidently lick it, it does taste good. I would have given it a 5 but being very cheap myself, I think the lipgloss is overly expensive..all you are really paying for is the name.

on 1/1/2007 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! I admit, when I first got this as a present I was a little turned off that it was a huge bottle of well... gold, but upon laying it on my lips, I discovered that it was far from what I expected. What I saw was clear, glossy lips spread with little bits of gold shimmer. Perfect for a day out with the girls, or even at night. I would definately buy again!

on 2/17/2007 9:57:00 AM

This is very similar to the Elaborate lipglass (Rockocco Collection Aug 2006 and now the Moonbathe Collection May 2007) - an extremely light and almost imperceptible peach with multicolour sparkles. Under the sun Instant Gold appears to have a bit less sparkles than Elaborate, and the size of the sparkles are also a bit smaller. As you can tell from my screen-name Elaborate is my favorite lipglass and unfortunately it's a LE. Now that I have found Instant Gold I can cease to worry about running out of Elaborate.

According to maccosmetics.com:
IG is a Lustre-shined light neutral gold
E is a Soft low karat gold with pearl

on 3/9/2007 11:20:00 AM

I love instant gold, is my primary used mac gloss. I feel it really enhances my skintone and liptone. It's not sticky like a lot of glosses and I don't get the dried up horizontal line across my lips like with maybelline and cover girl glosses. My lips seem to look fuller too. I use with Mac Oak lipliner

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite lustreglass right now. Its the one I throw in my pocket whenever I leave the house. I have super pigmented lips so this just enhances my natural lip color with lots of shine and glimmer. But I also use it on top of lipsticks too. I'm NC30 and golds look great on me. I hope MAC will be keeping this around for awhile. I haven't had this new tube long and I already need to be replacing it. Gorgeous gloss!

on 3/15/2007 3:15:00 AM

I love this lipgloss! Managed to get a good price off an auction so can't complain :)
Makes any color lipstick look good!

Rather too light (shimmery nude) to use on its own on my pigmented lips but gives any ordinary lipstick a beautiful sheen.

Texture not as thick as lipglass and applies smoothly with the brush that's included.

I used it with mac Satiate which was a bit too bright for me and it turned it into the most gorgeous peachy color which was just what I was looking for. Spices up the paler nudes too. Lovely!

And the usual vanilla flavor makes it a pleasure to use, best tasting lip products on the market IMHO.

on 4/15/2007 4:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

OMG who would have thought that this is going to be one of my all time fave l/g ever!In the tube it looks just like another clear gloss with loads of gold sparkles in it.Well it's definitely more than that.I wore it when I did a dramatic green eye (used Teal pigment,Jadeye fluidliner,Surreal e/s) and it neutralized my lips so well and emphasized my eyes&eye m/u so great that even random people on the street stopped me and asked what lippy I was wearing!Instant Gold has its own color and you can actually see it on your lips.It's definitely not like those glosses that goes all clear and sheer.It's very unique in this sense.I got a mini size that came in a holiday set but I'll definitely get the full size when I ran out.I know it'll be a staple for me because I usually like to go darker on eyes and

on 4/23/2007 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Given all the adoring fans of lipglass and lustreglass, I decided to hop on the bandwagon to see what all the fuss was about. Since I'd heard that lustreglass was less sticky, I opted for that route because I can't stand sticky gloss. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed, I really can't see what's so great about lustreglass. It's fairly sticky IMO, and doesn't last long at all (staying power is one factor that I'll take into consideration to justify stickiness). I just didn't feel that this l/g was worth the $14 or so that I paid.

Formula aside, the color of Instant Gold is a beige-y nude with fine gold sparkles in the tube. IRL, on my pigmented lips, it looked like clear gloss with barely there sparkle. If you're looking for any sort of color payoff, this isn't it.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

you can't go wrong with this l/g. it gives off just the right amount of shine, shimmer, and glitz. not overwhelming. i use it over my taupe (matte) to get some kind of sparkle and makes my lips glisten. i'm not really a l/g kinda' chick, so when i do rock l/g, i reach for this one. it gives off that subtle "come hither" look...in a definite kissable, delicious kind of way. go for the gold...instant gold...that is. you'll be glad you did. ;-)