MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.4

on 3/22/2006 5:16:00 PM

This is the perfect YLBB gloss for my already pigmented lips. It gives a little shine without it being overly blinding. I've tried the other natural colors, and some of the pinky ones leave pink/whitish streaks on my lips. The brush should really be a wand. I think it's a little expensive for lipgloss, but the quality makes up for it.

on 3/27/2006 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My HG lipglass. This probably only looks good by itself on people with highly pigmented lips like myself. However, it is a sheer lipgloss that can easily spice up any lipstick with a faint shimmer. It is a better-than-clear lipgloss with a faint nude shimmer to it that looks just perfect on my pigmented lips. I've gone through 5 tubes of this in the last year.

on 3/30/2006 9:06:00 PM

Beautiful color in the tube, very poor color payoff. You definitely need to use a lipliner or layer this over your favorite lipstick to see any effect other than shimmery clear. That said, I love the lustreglass applicator brush, it's much nicer than the lip glass sponge applicator IMO. Will not repurchase this particular shade though.

on 4/2/2006 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this color. It's the pale non-dead-looking nude I was looking for. Not really gold, but just a golden shimmer. On me, Wonderstruck is close to MLBB; but Instant Gold is a sexy neo-sixties shimmer. Very happy with it. (And the MAC people had had me try countless others first.)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like this lipgloss, it is very versatile. It can be worn alone, with any lipliner, and over just about any lipstick. I wear it with a pinky nude lipliner that I use to line and fill my lips. I then apply the Instant Gold over it and my lips look so pouty and full. Pairs well with a smokey eye. I like the brush applicator. Very nice lustreglass, makes me want to try more.

I prefer MAC's lipglass formula because it's stickier and lasts longer (less touch-ups are are good thing in my book), but lustreglass does stay on longer then most other brands. I wasn't looking for an over-the-top gold gloss, so I really like this color. It's a subtle, shimmery gold with iridescence. Very pretty. MAC does not test on animals.

on 6/30/2006 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Instant Gold looks great over my naturally pigmented lips for a simple, polished look. It isn't overly glittery, just my lips plus some shine. It can also top almost any lipstick. Definitely a versatile shade that you can slap on and know you look good. It's not overly obvious though, so if you want something that stands out, Instant Gold isn't for you.

on 7/10/2006 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Saw the review on this and realized I just had this on yesterday, and I really like Instant Gold! Just thought I'd share my opinion, too!I like Instant Gold over lip pencil or lipstick, because it brightens it up and gives my lips a nice smooth shine! Yesterday I wore Instant Gold Lustreglass over LM Spice lip pencil and Clinique "I'm Yours" CSBS lipstick. I got lots of compliments, so it looks like it all worked out nicely together. Does wear off quickly, tho, but I still like it and would definitely repurchase. continued >>

NC45 African American. I love the Lustreglass formulation - I hate the tacky, stickiness of the Lipglass. However, the color pay off doesn't justify the price to me. What Instant Gold is fantastic at is toning down way too bright lipsticks and lipglosses. Honestly, this is the only thing I use Instant Gold for, which is why I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

One of my favorite glosses. It is a soft, pretty neutral gold shimmer that will really spice up whatever lipstick you pair it up with, and add a pouty fullness to your lips in the process. This, and Love Nectar HAVE to be in my makeup bag at all times.