MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Instant Gold

4.4

on 10/30/2004 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i love this a lot. looks so pretty in the bottle, and on my lips. definitely a keeper.

on 10/30/2004 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Thought it would be more gold on lips, but I like the clear/gold look on me. I think it if were more gold it would be cheesy looking. As always,love MAC taste & texture.

on 12/1/2004 1:52:00 PM

i thought this stuff would appear more milky and opaque- but it just shows up on me as clear. i experimented by dabbing on a touch of concealer or powder before applying, and it gives a gorgeous, goldy-hued nude lip. perfect for the holidays with a smoky eye. i would not reprchase, though, as this is somewhat expensive for an essentially clear gloss.

on 12/14/2004 5:08:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this lustreglass! It is the perfect natural color for me- just shine and sparkle with a little color. I'll be buying this color for years to come (contingent on MAC keeping it in stock!). The texture is great- I really appreciate how it is a lot less sticky than regular lipglasses. One peeve I have is that it has a lot of miniscule glitter particles that just do not come off your lips, much like Lancome's Juicy Pops. But it doesn't bother me much because the color is perfect!

I absolutely love this color and have never seen one like it. Comes on as a shimmery gold on your lips -it may seem a bit weird but it looks nice and natural.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I'm generally pleased with the Lustreglass line and this color looks gorgeous in the tube. It doesn't really look "gold" because it has a slight pinkish/peach tone to it. Unfortunately the color is soo sheer on me. It looks basically clear with shimmer particles. I already have the "clearer" l/g colors: lustrewhite and springbean and I don't need another so I'm exchanging it.

I am a N25 with not very pigmented lips. This is a beautiful pale pinkish goldish color with little sparkles! The color looks great on me!! I love the scent and taste of these glosses and I will buy again! One rant, the tube stinks like plastic on the outside, but then again I am not judging the packaging but the gloss inside!

on 4/24/2005 1:08:00 PM

I just got this in a swap last week and its already 1/4 gone! i use it ever day! I absolutely adore this color and the consistency. This is my first lustreglass and as soon as i tried it i had to go out and buy another color (beaux- love it too!). This color lightens my light pink pigmented lips just a bit (takes the pink out basically) and gives a super wet looking pout with just a hint of gold shimmer. I find the staying power to be very comparable to lipglass (the only real difference i find is lustreglass is less sticky, more sheer and much more wet looking). Now of course i need ALL the colors! LOL! There goes my wallet.

I wasn't impressed much with this color. It's a goldish color with shimmer, but doesn't do anything for my lips. I don't reach for this at all since I've purchased it. I will not repurchase this color. If you like the natural look (think bonne bell lippe with shimmer) this color may be for you.

C40 - GGG

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this lustreglass. It's my first one and I am in love with it. Very sheer, but with a bit of gold shimmer to it. Gorgeous!