MAC Lustreglass in Decorative

No Image

4.5

on 1/24/2005 12:31:00 AM

I like this color on me. Looks dark in the tube, but it comes out a nice reddish berry color. I am a PPP, blonde w/green eyes.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Whoa. THIS IS GORGEOUS! My best impulse yet. I was checking out the lustreglasses and trying to decide on another one. I was mainly looking at Wonderstruck and Luminary...but neither of them wowed me so I just asked my husband to pick out something off the display and I would just by it. He chose Decorative. In the tube its a darker vampy blackberry with golden shmmer but on my lips its a shimmery sheer pinky plum...very wearable on my PPP complexion. I really love this color. I think reds and nudes are way to cliche and overdone to be sexy. Decorative is sexy. Its shiney, glittery and sheer. The color is eye catching but not opague or to dark. This lustreglass has the typical MAC faint vanilla scent. Its definatly not long lasting but no lipgloss is long lasting...thats not what gloss is...anyone who is expecting a gloss to last and last is unrealistic. I will definatly be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Lovely sheer berry/plum with fine golden shimmer. I've seen reviewers say it works well with their PPP skin, well I'm a GGG (NC35/42) and it works great on me too! Put on a little for day and more with liner for night. I love the brush applicator. DEFINITELY less sticky and feels lighter on the lips than the Lipglasses.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Love this! The color is beautiful! It could work for day or night IMO. It's sheer, but full if that makes sense. It's not too shiny and not at all sticky like lipglass. Currently my favorite lg.

on 11/15/2004 12:46:00 PM

Love this! For days when I want something on my lips, but not much - something incredibly shiny with nice plummy colour. To me this is almost exactly the same nuance as Bazaarish lipglass, but more sheerly pigmented. I love both. The lustreglass gets an additional point for the brush applicator though, it gives me more control. I don't like the price, but I'll probably repurchase if I run out.

on 10/31/2004 11:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I love the lustreglass formula. It is thinner and not quite as sticky. This color is a great dark berry color with finely milled shimmer. The brush instead of the spongetip is a great idea.

on 10/31/2004 4:20:00 PM

I love the texture and application of the lustreglass, this is a to die for dark berry that I think would look nice on everyone.

on 10/30/2004 2:52:00 AM

Luv Luv Luv this color!! It is a great berry color & pairs well w/Burgundy lip liner. I definetly will purchase this one again. I just wish it didn't wear off that easily but hey, it is a lip gloss!! =)

on 10/29/2004 8:00:00 PM

I get so many compliments when I wear this lip balm. I am NC25 BBB & it is the perfect shade - just a darker, shiner version of my lips. It really brings out my grey/green eyes. It perks up my face & adds some colour now that winter is here and I'm looking a little washed out. So many colours just make me look made up - this one makes my eyes and skin look brighter. As everyone else has said, it goes onto your lips lighter than in the container. You really need to try it on to see how it appears on your face. Don't let the look of the product in the container scare you - I wear it during the day! The only thing is I'm not such a big fan of MAC lipglosses in general - they all feel so sticky to me. But I love the shade so much, I'll endure ;-)

I'm very fair, so when I asked my MA for a nice berry shade and she gave me this, I almost told her she was crazy. In the tube it is a very deep, very sparkly looking berry plum shade. On my lips, however, I don't see the plum, just a nice, kicked up berry shade with shimmery glitter. I can get the purple to come out more if I put foundation on my lips beforehand, so I guess the pigment of my lips naturally brings out the berry shade in this. I'm very happy with this shade, and I'm glad my MA convinced my to try it on, because I never would have gone near it myself.