MAC Cosmetics Lustreglass in Decorative

No Image

4.5

on 12/6/2006 10:05:00 PM

Very pretty color, I use it all the time when I just want a little color to my lips, or I use it over my lipsticks. (Looks really nice over my Viva Glam III lipstick.) Sure, it's sticky, but I've never come across a gloss that wasn't. (And I've owned a lot of glosses.) I had a nice surprise when I opened this, since there was a brush aplicator, instead of the usual sponge one, which is different, and I like that. I think the brush gives you more potential to pick up a larger amount of color, than what you'd get out of the lipgasses. I gave this a mark off, however, since it doesn't last very long, and for the $14 I paid, I would like it to last a bit longer. But I love everything else about this stuff. I might not rebuy the same color, since I'm one who likes variety, but I would buy lusterglass again.

on 12/29/2005 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is also my favorite lustreglass. I couldn't decide between the Decorative & Angelwing glosses, but I ended up going w/ this one because Angelwing seems to be a bit cooler in tone than Decorative. Decorative looks like a deep saturated plum color in the tube but it goes a sheer pretty berry color. Works well over pink & plum lipcolors but I use it most by itself. There's also a good amount of gold shimmer to it which makes it look gorgeous and jewel-like in the tube. Wears well, at least a couple of hours. Probably the most pigmented of the Lustreglasses, altho I haven't tried all of them. I would buy again.

on 12/23/2005 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Decorative is my favorite lustreglass so far. It's a deep, very rich berry colour. The shimmer is perfect - like tiny crushed jewels - but not too gritty. If I don't have time to do the rest of my face, I can put this on and look made up. I love berry-tones in general, but I think this is one of the best ones I have seen, especially in a gloss.

on 7/29/2005 12:19:00 PM

This is a very shimmery, dark berry-wine color, more purple than red, though. Not a color I usually go for (purples generally clash with my coloring) but this is really nice--sophisticated when applied darkly, or pretty as a crushed-berry stain. Slightly slicker texture than the normal lipglasses, but still sticky enough to cling well to lips. Didn't feel any grittiness due to the glitter. Light vanilla scent. Glass tube with a brush applicator. BTW: This is slightly more purple than Revlon's Super Lustrous gloss in Frankly Flirty (a LE edition, unfortunately). A nice addition to my berry-reds :)

on 7/14/2005 11:09:00 PM

This is a beautiful color. It looks berry-purple on me. I love the faint vanilla smell. It has good staying power for a gloss. My only complaint is that it sometimes spreads over and under my lip line.

on 7/3/2005 5:05:00 PM

I love the lustreglasses that have more pigment to them. This one is a sheer plummy berry; I'm barely seeing any gold glaze to it though. Creamy smooth feeling with that great Mac scent!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Lipglass in general. I love the long wearability factor and the colors.

Having owned two other lustreglasses, I was pretty shocked at how pigmented this one is -- Decorative is a shimmery dark berry that goes on much more true to what it looks in the tube than many of them. I usually blot this a bit to even out the color and tone it down a bit, but it's a nice color, if a bit average.

on 3/7/2005 11:59:00 AM

Will continue to buy over and over and over again. As a cool skinned PPP, this gloss is the shizzle dizzle. Smells like vanilla, and purple w/a hint of rose & gold layered over that. Looks wicked with a tan in summertime. I will cry if it gets disc, as it is my HG. It really is a personal thing, my HG is your take it or leave it, but you must do yourself a favor and check out the line of lustreglasses. Prettyplease has a better review below ;)

on 2/20/2005 11:41:00 PM

This is a beautiful shimmery plum that is sheer and MLBB on, even though it is really dark in the tube. Color stays on for longer than more glosses, even after the shine has faded. It may be my HG lip gloss.