MD Formulations Facial Creme

No Image

4.6

on 7/6/2005 10:14:00 PM

I bought this a week ago, along with the Facial cleanser as I was told I need to use this before I get my Glycolic Acid Peel treatment. So far all I have noticed is that my skin is breaking out. I normally have lots of tiny blackheads on my cheeks and chin that just look like brown freckles. Usually I would squeeze them (bad I know) and a small, hard plug of pus would come out leaving me with a red blemish on my face for a few days. Since using the MD products however, it seems as though all these blackheads are erupting to the surface resulting in big pus-filled pimples instead!! I'm not sure if thats the point of the glycolic acid but I will persevere with it for a few more weeks to see if my skin improves after the initial breakouts.
As for the cream itself, like other reviewers, I hate tubs too. The cream spreads nicely and you only need to use less than a pea-sized amount for the whole face (which it should at $105 Australian for 50mls!!!!) It tingles abit, especially if you have an "opened" (freshly squeezed) pimple. No particular smell to it. Feels nice, not greasy, leaves skin dewy.
EDIT 22ND SEPT 2005: my skin did eventually clear up. My skin did purge for about the first 3-4 weeks but now it is clear. As well as the 6 weekly peels, I also had 2 facials in which the beautician extracted all the pimples lying under the surface of my skin too. Even to the extent of piercing the skin with a sharp tool for the really stubborn ones.
In my experience with it, I would recommend the products. You'll have to persevere with it and perhaps even have the extraction facials but i think it is worth it.
Now I am just waiting for the scars to fade.
p.s I haven't used any MD Formuations moisturisers and find at times my skin dries out on my nose and around my mouth

on 4/30/2004 11:03:00 AM

This product gave me the same feeling as the Ultraceuticals Treatment ACE cream does, both smell the same way and a little bit oily, most importantly, I don't see a persuasive reason that why we all should pay so much so these products. MD's Facial Creme tingles abit when first use, but works like any other ordinary moisture cream after all. It's supposed to be used a 'correcting' product, diminishes the visible signs of skin aging and gently exfoliates surface skin cells to reveal softer, smoother, healthier-looking skin? Oh well, it does slightly brightened my skin somehow, but an exfoliator could have worked better in my opinion :P the good thing is that it does not cause any breakouts, could be an option for people who doesn't mind the high price. I was told to use a hydrating product on top of this (apparently the MD's Advanced Hydrating Complex Gel) to further moisturise the skin. A word of advice, don't do so if you have combination skin like me, the Facial Creme alone is oily enough. It's very very pricey in Aus, AU$99 for 50ml. continued >>