Mary Kay Signature Lipstick in Raisinberry

Mary Kay Signature Lipstick in Raisinberry

3.9

on 8/26/2005 3:14:00 PM

Color: a slight shimmer plum based neutral, touch of rose, bit of brown/bronze. Lovely for making your lips fuller and to balance out a polished evening look, especially if you want to do a darker eye but not wear flesh-colored lips. Bit dark for me for wearing durign the day and i'm NC30, but I'm sure that 1) a girl who's darker could wear this for a polished lovely day look and 2) that ANY color skin can wear this for evening with the right liner and look super-sexy without clown-red lips. Extravagantly glamorous doesn't need to mean super bold color. This captures attention with it's multidimentional color. I'm very much a fan of understated glamour, and this fits the bill.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love MK lipsticks but this color didnt work for me (LLL w/neutral pink) it was just way.. too brown and dark on my lips. I really wished that it would have worked because of all the reviews here, but this was just a miss to me. :(

on 4/20/2005 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this shade.

on 2/26/2005 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have finally found a replacement for my all-time favorite lipstick, Lorac Ashley, which cost me an outrageous $17 per tube! I actually like MK's Rasinberry better since there is a slight shimmer to it which adds some depth to the color and of course, the price is more reasonable!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I really love the color of this lipstick. I actually bought this product on a whim. I actually wanted Pink Shimmer but after sampling the two I found that the raisinberry was the perfect color. I'm a DDD (about the same complection as Vivica A Fox)and this color looks great on me. It applies very well, very lightweight, however I noticed that after a while it does become drying. This problem can be solved by applying a lip balm before applying the lipstick. I personally LOVE using the Carmex mint scented SPF30 lip balm tubes (yes ladies, they make them in tubes now). There's nothing like a little tingle to make my lips feel absolutely refreshed. This color also looks good with almond glaze lip gloss. I haven't tried the cream and sugar lip gloss with it yet but I do have it on order. I will give an update when I try it on top of the rasinberry. Overall it is a great product and I would definately purchase again. I love the packaging, a beautiful and classy Platinum tube that has a good weight to it. How many times have you dropped your lipstick on the ground and a part of the case broke off as a result? Well that won't happen with this lipstick. Also, I have noticed that a little goes a long way with any MK product. The more products I try the more in love I become with this entire product line.

Another staple! This one is a nice neutral frosty berry that goes with my calm looks as well as the more dramatic looks. Usually, no matter what shade I'm wearing I keep raisinberry in purse too. Never know when I might feel like a quick changeup, and raisinberry's just the thing.

on 5/29/2004 12:17:00 PM

This is a product I would not buy again. My Mary Kay consultant claimed that Raisinberry was a big seller at the time and said it pretty much looked good on most people. Fair enough. She even suggested the best way to apply it. Apply not too liberally, then pucker the lips while gently blotting off any excess.

In hindsight, I probably should have passed on this lip color by MK. The color I had originally inquired about had come from a sample square that I had gotten from another MK consultant in my neighborhood. It wasn't Raisinberry, but it was a shade very close to it. Since the shade I originally wanted was discontinued, my consultant then suggested the Raisinberry which was very close in shade to the one I liked.

Although I found the Raisinberry shade to have blue undertones, which are purported to make the teeth look whiter (as opposed to brown undertoned lipsticks which bring out the yellow in some teeth), it was a tad too "reddish blue" for me. It also has a very subtle frost or shimmer to it but, as I said, it's very subtle.
Also, I found MK Raisinberry to be quite drying.

on 5/19/2004 10:28:00 AM

Great everyday color for me---fairskinned with dark ash blonde hair and hazel eyes. Looks great with fig duo eyeshadow.

on 4/30/2004 9:36:00 AM

This is such a beautiful shade. Pretty creamy & lasts quite a while. The only reason I deducted a lipstick is because of the initial scent, (I have a thing with smelly lippies...don't even get me started about EL!) It does go away, but it is still *there* in the beginning. The color is so beautiful & unique that it is a keeper. I can see myself repurchasing it! It is a rose/bronze/gold shimmer. Kind of a tiny bit darker version of LM's Ambre Rose l/g, with a bit more burgundy in it. I do not see any red in this at all. Check it out as I believe this is their BEST l/s shade, IMHO!