Caron Paris Tubereuse

Caron Paris Tubereuse

4.3

on 6/18/2005 11:24:00 AM

Wow, I thought I've smelled some buttery tuberose scents, but this one takes the cake. Its creaminess is different from anything else I've smelled before, this is a rather unique straight-up tuberose scent. This is the best tuberose scent I've ever smelled. A must for tuberose fans, which I am not. EDIT: I just tried this in parfum form and I must say it's amazing. Next to Malle's Carnal Flower, it's the most beautiful tuberose I've found. A must for everyone!

on 6/7/2005 4:40:00 PM

Gorgeous buttery tuberose in top notes. However, the butteriness takes a sour note as the scent dries down that ruins it for me. Perhaps it's chemistry but, sadly, I cannot wear this.

By far the most delicate and ethereal tuberose I have smelled. It is light, sweet, evanescent, neither noticeably green on me nor voluptuously creamy. I can only express the difference with a movie metaphor. Tubereuse Criminelle and Fracas are sex kittens, daring and a little bit shocking, like Brigitte Bardot. MPG Tubereuse and Creed Tubereuse Indiana are ladylike and refined, like Grace Kelly or Vivien Leigh. La Chasse is a bit playful, like Carole Lombard. This one - this one speaks to your spirit. It is dreamy, almost narcotic. To wear it is to feel just a little bit happier. It is, in short, Ingrid Bergman.

on 5/17/2005 9:59:00 PM

A rich, beautiful, powerful tuberose fragrance. The best of several I have tried.

on 4/26/2005 8:44:00 PM

As a huge fan of tuberose, I will compare Caron's Tuberose with the others that I've tried instead of describing the scent by itself. Caron initially has the bright, sweet notes of MPG's Tubereuse (w/o the musk) and SMN's Tuberosea. This is my favorite part of the fragrance. The middle notes remind me of L'Artisan's Tubereuse, where the Gardenia-like richness comes to the forefront. It's a subtle, but definite change from the "sweet tart" phase of the beginning. Several hours later, the dry down is slightly soapy. It's nice but there is an unmistakable "self tanner stench" that permeates the soapiness. Actually, as I wear this fragrance ito it's 4th hour on my skin, the scent of self tanner is becoming more and more powerful! I was going to give this 4 lippies for the beautiful beginning but I change my mind: I will never wear this because the beginning and middle is not worth it if I have to put up with the dry down!

This is by far the most delicate, stunning tuberose fragrance I've ever tried. It's not at all overwhelming, or oppressively buttery, as many tuberose fragrances are. It's creamy, soft, exquisitely feminine. Like it did for victoriaf, it makes me think of the richest, best quality whipped cream and lush creamy white flower petals. It also reminds me of the sumptuous nudes by the painter Ingres (http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/html/i/ingres/05ingres.html). It's exquisite, and a must-try for tuberose lovers.

Hmmm, not completely sure I like this one. I find Tubereuse very strong and please keep in mind Iím a huge fan of Fracas. To me this does not open smelling like tuberose but more like candied violets. For the first hour I found a moderately conservative dab to be overwhelming: sweet, cloying and intense. A rather one dimensional scent that didnít remind me much of fresh flowers at all. Into the second hour it did take on that rather metallic edge that others have described tuberose of having. Although, besides that characteristic, I still didnít really find it smelling of tuberose- at least what I have smelled of tuberose. Perhaps itís meant to smell more of what tuberose with other flowers in a vase, in a room, would smell like? Perhaps with some very sweet, violet incense burning nearby? Yes, thatís what it reminds me of- this violet incense I had once... It certainly doesnít have that fleshy warmth and almost animalic edge that Iíve come to associate with tuberose when you stick your nose right into a blossom. However, the staying power is good and if you like Carons and sweet fragrances in general, I think itís certainly worth a try. Iíll test my sample again but for now am giving 3 lippies. Not awful but not for me.

on 3/8/2005 5:39:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have been looking for a Tuberose fragrance for years. Each one I tried was missing something until Caron's. Gentle tears caressed my cheeks upon first sniff. Sniffs two and three had me crying like a baby with joy. This is the first perfume that ever made me cry. It is absolutely beautiful, a masterpiece.