Clinique Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

Clinique Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

I'm not one to get purple/lavender tones so I was surprised this one worked alright on me. I got it in a Bonus and wear it with my Everyday Minerals Plum Dust blush (everydayminerals.com) and it seems to complement it really well. It looks very shimmering in the tube but is more subtle on.

on 5/6/2006 12:13:00 AM

Free product New Zealand
Package) Light green packaging-a bit too plain-could be jazzed up.
Colour) Brown pinky hue with a slight shimmer just peeking out.
Natural/neutral excellent for the office-lovely. My lips are quite pigmented and Waterviolet adds a slight understated shine. Beautiful addition to my collection. No dryness unlike other high-end lipsticks that I love.

on 4/3/2006 10:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My friend put this on me, and I was skeptical. But it really is the universally flattering color. AMAZING!

on 2/25/2006 7:37:00 PM

This is the second Colour Surge Bare Brilliance I have tried, and I love it too! Like all the other reviews, it looks scary in the tube, but very pretty and flattering on. Just a hint of color and sparkle - a cool tone, but one that actually works for me (I have definite yellow undertones to my skin). The other one I have is Ruby Glass and definitely would not have tried it if the gal at the counter hadn't handed it too me while I was whining about the discontinuation of Chubby Stick Angel Kiss. :) Clinique has some really great lippies - I've been a fan for a long time!

I got this in a GWP a few months ago, and I just tried it yesterday. The purple color really threw me off into not even wanting to try it on. Well, I was about to toss it since I was cleaning out my room, and I tried it on. I'm so glad I didn't throw it out! It is NOT purple when you wear it. It just gives a hint of sheen and makes the lips look so 'alive'.. so soft and pretty. It feels nice on, though I never wear lipstick (just gloss), but I will wear this and possibly repurchase in 10 years when I use it up. :)

on 2/5/2006 12:45:00 AM

I just received this in the store (GWP) and it is very beautiful. Looks a little purple but in my lips just look like a pink-mauve shiny, very clear. Is very beautiful! The only little problem is that you need apply again and again because the color go very quick but is a nice lipstick.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I agree with the reviewer just below me, on all accounts. Would repurchase bare brilliance, though perhaps not in this shade, though this shade does work well. Shows up fairly sheer, not purply like expected. Shimmery, glossy. Nice lipstick. Want to try pink beach.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think clinique has some great lipsticks. No scent, moisturizing in a great selection of colors and finishes. The Bare brilliance lippies are very moisturizing and slightly glossy looking. Waterviolet looks like a very pale shimmery lilac cool toned shade but is actually quite wearable. Shows up more of a light pink shimmer that barely shows up on my brown lips. I have nc30 light olive complexion and i didnt see too much, just a sheer wash of pink. I thought it would be too purple but its not. although its not one of my HG shades. I wouldnt repurchase this shade but I would buy the Bare Brilliance lippies again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this in a free gift from Clinique. As soon as I opened up the tube, I had my doubts. It looked deep purple, which isn't very promising for me (fair skin, blue eyes, black hair). I tried it, and it's so sheer! It's like my natural lipcolor with just a hint of soft plum. I use it every now & then, but I'm not a huge fan of lipsticks. It also feels like I'm not wearing anything on my lips...and I don't particularly like that. But overall, it's pretty good! I don't think I would purchase it again though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG lipstick. I keep in my purse all the time, as this goes with everything on me. Wish it had better staying power, but will definitely repurchase.