Sephora Compact Foundation

Sephora  Compact Foundation

3.5

All shades contain: Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Nylon 12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Zinc Oxide, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Butylparaben, BTH.

on 11/5/2009 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this is the review for the mineral compact-which is the one I purchased.

I really like this compact the coverage is nice and matte and the mineral foundation is appealing. I bought this for an on the go type thing to carry in my purse for touch ups. It has 2 sides of the sponge if you call it a sponge, more like a velvety sponge but one is for light coverage and the other side is for heavier coverage.

The color matched my skin completely as I spent a good amount of time in Sephora choosing a color. Goes on silky smooth and doesn't irritate at all. The only thing I don't really like is that you have to flip the mirror up and grab the sponge and do this weird back and forth thing to be able to see the mirror and then grab more powder. It is a little pricey too but overall I like this powder and I like the ingredients.

on 10/12/2009 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I'm in love with this foundation. I normally use BE, but since I have some acne and very oily skin, I have a pretty time-consuming morning cleansing regime, and when you add time to apply super-full-coverage BE with eyes, cheeks, lips, etc., sometimes it adds up to be way too much to do if I want to get to work on time.

So a couple of weeks ago I came across this compact at Sephora. It piqued my curiosity, since I used to use something like this made by MK, but MK's version broke me out, so I stopped using it. But THIS foundation said "matifying," (spelled wrong by either the French or Italians, since it was designed in France and made in Italy) so it got my hopes up that my skin would be safe this time. So I tried it. How did it turn out? It's my in-a-hurry HG, that's how it turned out! Lovely packaging, mirror and sponge included. I get great coverage from the sponge, I haven't tried applying with a brush yet, and it keeps me matte and oil-free throughout the day without my MK oil mattifier or BE Oil Control Prime Time primer, which amazes me. It feels like there's nothing on my skin, too. This foundation is the best find I've had in years. I'm thrilled, and I highly recommend this for others with oily or combination skin.

I don't recommend it for anyone with dry skin--not only does it say "mattifying," which means it isn't really for the dry-skinned; there's also the fact that someone as oily as I am wears it and it absorbs all of my abundant oil. I can't imagine how that would turn out for people with dry skin, so do yourself a favor and avoid it. If you have oily skin, though, get thee to a Sephora and reach for this heavenly stuff!

As far as shade availability goes, it's really great. There are two shades that work on my face, R15 and R20 ("r" stands for rosť, which means pink-undertoned), and I've purchased one of each. Usually, I buy the lightest foundation shade available, because my skin oxidizes everything I try on my face, so the light foundation darkens to match my face color within just a few minutes. But with this compact, I can actually buy my true-to-color shade, so I've decided to wear the R20 shade, which matches my skin exactly and does NOT oxidize/darken during the day. Hooray!

EDIT: I have been using this for a month now, and I've almost completely stopped wearing my BE foundation, this stuff looks so wonderful and works so well. Woo hoo!.

This product didn't provide enough coverage and I was sold a color that was too light. Its ingredients are questionable to those like me with acne prone skin so I definetly wouldn't recommend it. It was good at mattifying though so it would be ideal for those with oily skin. I just wasn't impressed with the product and wouldn't buy it again. I told the sales girl there specifically that I needed a full coverage foundation that wouldn't break me out and this was defiently not it.

on 6/6/2009 5:21:00 PM

This "foundation" has very little coverage and really no staying power. You could use it to tint your face or keep some sun off you, but other than that? blah.

The real reason for this review is a heads up about the color. I got D32, warm golden beige. Beware, theres no "beige" in this thing. Its a very strong golden yellow. Usually I cant get makeup with enough yellow in it, so believe what I say--this D32 is crazy yellow. So beware. It may look ordinary in the compact, but when you put it ON, watch out cause its gonna be a whole other look. So, yellow-skinned sisters, this might be for you. Unfortunately they dont make the "mineral double compact" in this shade --that stuff is more usable as a subtle foundation.

And the cover? Take a look. Does yours say "matifying." Thats not how you spell it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The price is pretty great but the staying power isnt too fantastic.But it is worth a shot getting because it provides light to medium coverage, has a good range of shades and its pretty comparable to my mac studio fix powder,just lesser coverage which can be a good thing with powder because thick powder is ALWAYS unattractive.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff...I have the one with the SPF(I think this is it) and minerals...and love how it goes on. I use a MAC Buki brush for application as opposed to the sponge they give you. I like it better than the BE foundation simply cause it's portable-- no mess. Will totally purchase again.

on 4/3/2009 2:47:00 AM

I was very disappointed. It cakes up and is especially terrible on dry skin. The compact also broke in two places and now has no top...next time I'm going to spend the extra 10 - 15 $ for a higher quality product.

it's okay... just a regular compact i use on my face for school days. nothing out of the ordinary but i might just get a drugstore product next time.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is a good one, I just wish they had more shades. I like the texture and the price isnt expensive.

I really like this powder foundation and think it's comparable to Mac studio fix powder. I used R20 in cool nude and I think the color actually fits my skin color better than my Mac NC20-25...anyway the price is kind of high for a store brand (~$20) unless it's on sale, but I will repurchase. Offers great coverage, many different shades, and matifying. I would recommend this more more combination to oily skin types since it's a little drying (hence the matifying aspect). The only thing I didn't like about it is that the packaging is very inconvenient. You have to flip the foundation part over to get to the sponge and mirror so I find myself constantly flipping the thing...ick.