RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/20/2007 3:59:00 AM

Its a great nude lipstick. it doesnt last very long on.

Birthday Suit is a beautiful creamy nude. It doesn't look chalky and thick, like some other nudes do. Its staying power is ok. It's not very long lasting, but I don't have to reapply every hour either. It smells very good, like candy. I would buy it again.

on 6/15/2007 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

ok the first lipstick i got from rimmel was airy fairy and i thought that was like my lipcolor but w/ a tinge more pink. but man....this is more dead on when it comes to matching my exact lip color. i thought maybe it was just me...so i asked my daughter what color my lipstick was. her response was...that i wasn't wearing any. and that my lips was just a little shiny. i didn't realize until recently after purchasing the rimmel l/s's that i have pale lips! a nice lipstick but for someone like me..there's really no point in purchasing this. but if you have pigmented lips i'm sure this would be a great nude. picture in my profile.

Birthday Suit is a warmer version of VGV sans the shimmer. Unfortunately, these warmish, pink-brown-nudes look dull and dark on me, despite my reddish, pigmented lips and the formula being sheer. Perhaps on slightly darker girls this is comes out as a neutral beige. However, like the other ppp’s that have reviewed Birthday Suit, it’s just not flattering on me. I could deal with the scent and the chunky ugly packaging if I was into the color. The finish and formula are quite nice even if it doesn’t last long on the lips. No repurchase. Nw15-20, light green eyes, light brown hair, reddish pigmented lips.

on 5/21/2007 8:48:00 PM

This is a great nude lipstick. Slight sheen with a pink undertone without being a pinky/brown lipstick. The perfect nude color for a smokey eye. Also great for everyday. I am a FFF, neutral to cool toned, blue eyed brunette and this works great for me. Nice and moisturizing and lasts a decent amount of time. For the price and quality, this is definately woth a 5. Go and buy this ladies!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I can't believe my perfect nude is a DS lippie! I used to be a HE snob, but I will make an exception, especially in this case. Birthday Suit is a gorgeous pinky/beige with pearl that's not too brown and not too pink. I don't really notice an overpowering scent like others have mentioned, but I work with kids all day, so I may be immune. :) It can be slightly drying, but I wear East End Snob l/g (also Rimmel) over it when I need a little moisture. All in all the color is so perfect for me that any cons it might have would probably be overlooked! I will definitely buy this again.

This lippie is just SO beautiful! This turned out way different than I would expect. I expected a slightly opaque brown/pink nude color. What I got was a very sheer, shimmery light tan. This color/formula actually makes my lips look softer and fuller! The color doesn't really show up, but it's a beautiful pink-beige sheen. I saw that others complained of a smell but it doesn't really bother me at all. The slight drawback is that it's a little drying for me. A great purchase!

This is a gorgeous nude color-but oh God, that smell! it gives me nausea and a headache. when I smell it in the tube it seems alright, kind of spicey and nice, but once on my lips it's horrible. I dont know if i'll keep mine, i have to see if I can find a gloss scented enough that it can cover the smell. It's a shame because this is a gorgeous color. *EDIT* the smell was a one time bothering thing for me, I'm over it and barely detect it now. I love this lippie, it makes me feel so sexy to slick it on, with its nude color and name! Not drying at all, which I LOVE!***

I bought this on a whim one night, and then I started seeing everyone mention it on the boards... boy, were they right! This is great! I tend to go through HUGE bouts of buyer's remorse, especially when purchasing expensive products. This weekend I had a huge exchange-o-rama at Sephora with countless really pricey lippies. Finally I thought I'd take a chance on a cheaper one... and I found exactly what I was looking for! This is a peachy brown nude with a slight shimmer, but not at all chunky/glittery-- very subtle. I love layering LM's champagne lip glaze on top of this-- such a fresh, peachy natural look. I took off one lippie for the scent. As others have said, it's really strong. I'd call it more gingery/spicy than fruity, but do beware-- it's powerful. For reference I am NC30 with dark hair and moderately pigmented lips. This tones them down perfectly! UPDATE: I have listed that I will not be buying this again, because I've found several other comparable nudes that don't smell so darn strong!

I bought this after hearing so many good things about it on MUA. I was skeptical when I first saw it in the tube at the store, but I figured; hey why not, it's cheap. I went home and took off all my lipgloss so I could see the color accurately, and used Sally Hansen invisible lip liner with it. I have to say I'm not really a fan of this lipstick. On me (Neutral/fair, dark hair, blue-green eyes) this color just looks too brown or copper colored to look good. I prefer nude colors with more pink in them. I don't like the smell either, or that it comes off so easily. It is very moisturizing though which is a plus. I'm usually more of a lipgloss kind of girl, so I think I'll stick with the gloss from now on.