RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Price: $

on 2/20/2009 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I never thought I would find the perfect nude in a drugstore! I found this at Walmart, and at $3, decided to try it. I applied my Bare Escentuals buxom in Isabella over it to create the best lip ever! I love when I can mix so called high end and low end products to come up with a fantastic combo on my skin.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love these lipsticks but I accidentily got this one instead of Frosted :(
oops, on my pale skin this is super orangey but its smooth and soft
and I use a balm undermeath so my lips don't get dry.
If you can pull off this shade, more power to ya, but this color just isn't good for me.

on 2/8/2009 2:17:00 AM

It goes on smooth, great peachy nude color, it's a bit sheer though. Goes well with smoky eyes.

on 2/5/2009 4:29:00 PM

What a great drugstore find! I picked up this lipstick after reading raves on the makeup board and here on P'ville, and I'm really happy with it. It's a great nude for my NC25 complexion, and for the price (it was $5 at CVS), how could you go wrong? I deducted one lippie because I like my lipsticks a bit more moist or glossy, but I would still definitely repurchase it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree it is a warm nude. It has some luminousity to it.. so it glows. I loved it in the store and when I tried it on at home. It's a peachy nude on me. With some subtle pink to keep it from being dull.

on 1/20/2009 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this!! If it looked like verdant0green's lips, I would have LOVED it! I bought it based on her review and pictures!!! But nope, this one was NOT for me! I have very pigmented lips, and am NC25. It just didn't work...it didn't come out as a nude but more as a too overly-done caramel. It was bleh. The consistency was nice but this color was just the worst for me. Very sad :*( i wanted to love it!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I am Asian with about an NW25 skintone, and I was looking for a good nude lipstick that wasn't orange-y, frosty, or didn't blend in with my skintone. Birthday Suit is kind of a beige, brownish lipstick with flecks of copper in it (that's what it looks like in the tube)

When I got this it didn't have any seal to it, so that's why I gave the packaging quality a 1.

Other than that though, it did compliment my skintone somewhat but something was off and I wasn't completely thrilled. It is definitely a color to use during the summer when I am tanner/bronzer (I use liquid bronzer in the winter for my face, but less so it's not TOO OTT), since it is more of a warm color. Although, it was a little drying on my lips, all you need to do is exfoliate and put some chapstick on before applying.

In some lightings it blended in a little too much with my skin...but for the most part it's a pretty good nude lipstick. I am not ecstatic with it, but it will have to do for now.

**EDIT: I changed "would you buy this again?" to "No." I feel like trying this once is enough and I really am not thrilled with the color. Guess I'm still on the hunt for my HG nude.

on 1/19/2009 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this color, it's a light brown pinky neutraly color. Hard to describe but it's so pretty and it probably would go with anyone's skin tone. The fragrancy part of the lipstick, I'm definitely not too fond of, but the color stays for a while so no complaints from me.

on 1/18/2009 1:26:00 PM

What a great drugstore find! I picked this up after someone in the Yahoo community suggested it to me. This is a really flattering pinky-peachy-caramel color on my fair-medium skin. The only gripe I have about this product is that the fragrance smells awful, think cough syrup. But it's not horrible enough that I wouldn't buy it again. I love this lipstick--it's the only one I ever wear and a staple in my makeup bag.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Best nude I've tried so far...I'm an NC25...its pretty hard for me to find a good nude. They either wash me out or look dirty, dingy brown on me. This one is a peachy type nude. I gave it a 4 only because I find this dries my lips alot w/o lipbalm...but with it it looks so moist and nice!