RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/23/2009 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a nice lipstick. Though I feel the color is better suited for warmer skin tones than mine, as I'm very fair. I can pull it off, though. I really like it if I've 'nuded'(w/ concealer or something) out my lips and put it on over that. Very pretty. And I love the scent! It's a little bit like Juicy Fruit gum. :)

I don't think I'd buy this particular color again, though.

on 10/19/2009 10:33:00 AM

Golden nude-tan lipstick. Swatched on tissue, it's golden caramel-brown color with the slightest undertone of rusty orange (think of "nude" pantyhose like Hooters girls wear?). Definitely well-suited for warm-toned gals. Moderate to full coverage. Has a fruity candy scent that fades quickly. Normally I don't gravitate towards nude lipsticks since I've had trouble finding ones that work for me. Luckily I received this as a swap extra. Works great for me (AAB/NC25 with yellow undertones); doesn't wear like a make-your-lips-completely-disappear nude, more like a focus-on-my-smoky-eyes-not-my-lips. (The pics posted look way more rosy on those gals than they do on my warm toned skin.) Also great for toning down lippies that are too vivid/bright or too dark on me, especially lipstains. Feels creamy, light, and smooth on my lips, but wears off relatively quickly. Similar to Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in #1 Nude; Birthday Suit is just a tad lighter.

on 9/30/2009 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to love this nude color after seeing some of the reviews but it was too ashy and dark on my NW20-25 skintone. I picked up something that has more peach in it, Revlon Almost Nude and its my favorite nude lipstick so far! Sexy not sickly :)

on 9/26/2009 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Edit: I just read the review above mine, and "too ashy" is definitely the way to describe this. I think the ashy color in this is what makes me think that my skin looks too red when I put this color on.
~Every time I attempt to wear this lipstick, I end up wiping it off. I'm not completely sure why, but the color just doesn't work on me. I'm pale to light with yellow undertones (and since purchasing this I've realized I look better in rose to purple shades). This color makes my lips look too brown and really emphasizes the red in my skin. Not attractive in the slightest. I'm not a huge fan of the texture of these (but I guess they are not that bad for the price) they really don't wear well at all, teeth transfer is a definite possibility, and I cannot stand the smell. I do not want my makeup to smell like cake/candy, drives me nuts lol. Anyhoo, not for me, though I have to admit it looks really nice on some people, just doesn't work w my coloring.

on 9/24/2009 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

My absolute favorite MLBB lipstick. I carry this in my purse at all times cause I can always rely on it to look good. I don't know why it's called Lasting Finish cause it's not the longest lasting lipstick, but I don't mind reapplying cause I love the way it smells. It's so moisturizing and easy to apply that I treat it like lipbalm. I only wish it had an SPF!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Birthday Suit was my first Rimmel lipstick purchase and I was skeeved out at the tube not being sealed.

This smells like a combination of strawberry and cinnamon. Not terrible, but better than the typical lipstick smell.

With that out of the way.

I love this nude lipstick on my NC55 skin. I have to exfoliate and put on balm or this won't wear well. I apply two layers (blotting between) and pair with my Coach Gardenia gloss.

The top does come off in my bag, but that's a minor annoyance.

I'm pale and cool-toned, so this looks kind of an orangey-tan on me- but I like it. Moisturising, buildable coverage, not too sparkly, but not matte- great for days I want a nude lip that has a little more going on. Fabulous price, and always on BOGO at drugstores. I probably paid $2 or $3 for it, and it's honestly worth more.

Great staying power, and great to layer with gloss, but, as many others have noted, it smells atrocious. Kind of a plastic sugary caramel scent (smells a little like the new UD lipsticks, actually) that occasionally gives me a headache after application, but fades in half an hour or so. I love the color, so it's not a deal-breaker, but if you're sensitive to fragrance, this may not be your lipstick.

I would definitely repurchase- a high quality, no-fuss beige-nude lippie that's quite a steal.

on 8/3/2009 4:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely love this colour on my NC35, tanned skin. Which is why I am gutted that the smell and taste are so nasty. I have tried to get over it, and I can't -- wearing this lipstick fills my nostrils with a cloying, sickly-sweet smell, and the taste isn't much better. Rimmel, please ask your chemists to work on the smell and taste of this lipstick, because you're turning customers away. I give this one lippie because the colour is gorgeous. But I wouldn't buy again, for the above reasons.

on 8/2/2009 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought the last three, enough said. Great nude lipstick for cheap and keep in mind its more of a nude for darker skin women, like me im nc45 so on me it's like a tan nude color, can't really explain it, lighter than mac's touch lipstick which i also see as a nude lip for women my complexion or darker. Try it and i highly recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this lipstick. I was looking for a nude lipstick but i didn't want to pay a lot for it. This is the perfect lipstick for me. I have brown skin and this one matches my lips almost perfectly and it costs like $4. I will definitely repurchase. Plus, it smells good.