RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Rimmel Lasting Finish Rimmel Birthday Suit in 121 & 250Rimmel

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Tried this out because it was a youtuber's fav 'nude' lip color. however, I am not satisfied. It's not very pigmented and seems to go on a bit sheer. I agree with other reviewers that it looks more like a 'warm toned nude' on the brown side. The color seemed like a natural lip color to me, didn't change my lip color much. Could barely tell I'm wearing it. I think it would be nice in the summer or when the sun is out so you can see the shine it puts out. Won't be using for winter.

UPDATE: Initially gave it 2 lippies, but now I added an extra one :) .. I am beginning to like this lipstick. I use it when I don't feel like having 'pale lips' and want to look more 'warm'. It's winter and I actually am using! It's not nude on me but darkens my natural berry lips. I like to use it alone. It's still sheer and application is smooth. I feel like it reminds me of MAC lustres? because its sheer. Not matte has somewhat of a shine (sparkle but not glittery). I would recommend for those who want a sheer but adds extra 'umph' to your natural lip color and warms up your face.

on 12/6/2009 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this is not a flattering color on me. i dont like the finish either, it looks cheap on me. its too brown. i was looking for a more nudey look. but its just...brown. i dont care for it at all so i will have to pair it and camoflauge with some gloss. its not drying though.

on 11/29/2009 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

i bought this lipstick in 250 Birthday Suit. It is a soft, light brown, warm natural and neutral everyday color. I love it! It has become my go to everyday lipstick. It goes on smooth and the color is the exact same as when you look at the stick. The smell is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! It smells and tastes like some Betty Crocker vanilla cake icing, which is marvelous. The lasting power could be better, I don't think it lasts very long but that might be because I loved the taste so much I ate what was on my lips!

perfect quality + perfect color payoff = will buy again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I originally swatched this and thought that it was too shimmery/metallic, but then gave it another chance and I am so glad that I did! It is such a wearable, warm toned nude, with very subtle shimmer, that on my lips is barely noticeable.
The packaging is a bit on the plain side, but as the product itself is so great I'm not too bothered. I love the fact that it is long wearing, but doesn't dry the lips out. I think that the lasting finish range is one of the best drugstore lipsticks you can buy and I'll def. be checking out the other colours in the range.

on 11/25/2009 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Rimmel Birthday Suit 121 is great. The best nude drugstore lipstick for my skintone that I've found so far. It has a slight shimmer to it but it's not too shimmery, it's great for an every day natural look, and also for a night out on the town. It's very creamy and moisturizing. Love it. [5/5 rating]

Rimmel Birthday Suit 250 is very disappointing. When I ran out of 121 (which was bought a while back) I went on bought 250 not realizing that the shades are NOT the same. Doesn't really look well with my skintone. It has a very orange-peachy tone to it. Comes on somewhat cakey but does has a nice smell to it. [2/5 rating]

BTW 121 is discontinued but you can still find it online on Ebay.

on 11/24/2009 10:07:00 PM

I'm usually a lipgloss kind of girl but lately I've been itching to buy some nude lipstick because I've never bought any before. I was planning on waiting until Maybelline had a BOGO sale and buy their moisture extreme lipsticks. Waited for weeks and no sale :-(. Saw Rimmel on sale one day at Walgreen's for 50% off and thought, why not. Looked up the reviews at MUA and decided to give this a try. Picked this color out and I like it. My lips are really pigmented so this doesn't show up that great. My lips look like their original color toned down with a bit of gold shimmer. Looks really beautiful but definitely have to wear a lipbalm because I do find it to be a little drying. I probably wouldn't buy this again because I take forever to finish lipsticks and I love trying new makeup.

on 11/20/2009 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Airy Fairy did not work for me, so I turned to this, but I'd swatch it on my hand and always dismiss it as too orange. There was a sale lately, however, and I shrugged and got this 20% off, along with two of Rimmel's blushes.

Consistency is sheer, so it doesn't look like concealer. The sweet smell does not bother me, and I don't notice it after a few minutes. Upon closer inspection, there's a tiny bit of rose in this shade to keep it from looking too pasty orange. Definitely not MLBB, but this is the nude I've tried that made me look horrible the least. Like other reviewers, I do layer this over lip balm, and have found that using a pink lip balm-- I have a rarely used tube of Labello Dragon Fruit, which is a uber-bright fuschia-- cools this up a bit and forms a wearable rose. :)

Love this color! It is a light copper on me. Slight shimmer and perfect for daytime. For reference, I have light medium skin (NC 25-30 SFF) with pinkish mauve lips naturally and this color is really flattering. I wear it with MAC Superduper Natural and Improvise blushes and the combination makes me look healthy and glowing ( not like a disco ball or anything). This lipstick will be a staple in my arsenal!
EDIT: this lipstick has good pigmentation and covers well. It is smooth and doesn't dry out my lips. :)

on 11/1/2009 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this one with Airy fairy and have to say this one is better. It suits my skin color since im light skinned and makes my lips look darker but still be a light color.It smells fruity and plastic which some people may not like but im okay with that. I would recommend this to people with light skin.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I bought Birthday Suit because I needed a brown-y nude color and in the store it looks awesome - not so much in natural light when I got home. I tried on Birthday Suit, got really frustrated that it didn't look the same, wiped it off my lips, and put on Airy Fairy to see a colour comparison. I hadn't actually rubbed all the Birthday Suit off my lips...and the combo looks amazing! The brown in Birthday Suit cancels out some of the harsh mauve-y pink of Airy Fairy and the brown doesn't look as orange. I find that Airy Fairy is a little...drier, I guess is the word; Birthday Suit is much more creamy so layering them together helps prevent my lips from drying out. Overall, I am pleasantly surprised that two colours could actually look so beautiful together. A happy little makeup miracle. I love the way the packaging looks and feels. The smell of the lipsticks is something that a lot of people have commented on but I simply love it. I would definitely buy Birthday Suit again but IF and ONLY IF I can also get my hands on Airy Fairy.