RIMMEL Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/2/2010 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

I like the colour but it's not as creamy as I'd like and not as moisturizing. The colour lasts but the lipstick is a bit drying. Also, the packaging sucks...the lid keeps coming off but the look of the product is nice. I'll probably try a different type of lipstick or I'll just stick to my hunt for a coloured lip gloss.

on 7/22/2010 10:41:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

love this nude!! i got it along with my rimmel airy fairy. its a really good nude colour for my yellow based skin tone, i use a lip balm underneath so it doesnt feel dry, and not heavy at all. i usually top it off with a lip gloss because its a cream colour and it just looks kinda flat and not very shiny on its own.

on 7/14/2010 10:57:00 AM

Everyone who says this is a nude lipstick lies. It's somewhere between YLBB and brown. It's a dark peachy brown with copper undertones and pearly shimmer. It doesn't have an opaque white base (like Pink Champagne from the Lasting Finish line, for example), so all it will do is add a browny shimmery hue to your lips.

If you have very pale lips it will show up as a nude, obviously. My lips are quite rosy and pigmented so Birthday Suit only darkens them. It's a nice lippie, really, goes on smooth, stays relatively long and doesn't dry out my lips, it's cheap, available everywhere etc.

But it screams 90s.

Seriously, slather this on, colour block some mid-brown e/s on your lids, straighten your hair and voila, now you look like your standard 90s female sitcom character.

For that alone I try to avoid using this lippie on its own. I usually prime my lips with some foundation, apply Birthday Suit, blot it, powder it and apply another layer. That way it's a nice nude shade but it doesn't last long enough to make all the work worth it. There are better and more contemporary looking nude lippies out there so no need to repurchase this, really. If you want a nice and cheap nude, try Rimmel Nude Delight.

on 5/29/2010 2:19:00 PM

not drying and does last quite some time. but doesn't really show up on my lips either.
it just gives me a frosty tint.

on 5/18/2010 12:15:00 PM

Not the best lipstick i've tried, but definitely not the best either.
Its too shimmery/frosty for my liking and too much of a brown tone.
Pair it with a light gloss like Mac's C-thru and it can work.

on 5/15/2010 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is the only nude lipstick I could wear anywhere!, I'm generally not a lover for the nudes but this has totally changed my view, it's moisturising and it's very affordable!
Amazing product at a cheap price!!

on 5/6/2010 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This products makes your lips look awful if they are not PERFECTLY conditioned and moist

the color is a metallic nude and looks worse than nothing on me (NC25 highlight pigmented lips)

Its not long lasting either, which in my case is good but would not be if you were looking for something with 'lasting finish'

really regret buying.

on 4/20/2010 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought the 250 version from a clearance sale. Good thing it was so cheap, because there's not a whole lot of product. I have GWP lipsticks with more product in them.

I thought it would be more of a nude, but it's just a metallic-y version of the colour of my lips. It looks nicer with a lip balm underneath than when used alone.

I purchased the 121 version from eBay, assuming this is a discontinued version as supposed to 250 which can still be seen in stores. This is my first lipstick and I'm super disappointed in its pigmentation. I'm a heavy lip balm user beucase I often have severly chapped lips. The lip stick is suprisingly moisturising so I think I can actually wear it instead of my lip balm. However, the nude color showed up like any lightly tinted lip gloss. It adds shine to my already fairly pigmented lips but that's it. I tried applying more layers even to the point it would start creasing. I was hoping to create a very nude lips with this but I think a concealer is needed to cover my original lip color and show the true color of this lip stick. If you are looking for a true nude lipstick, I wouldn't suggest 121 unless you have light colored lips.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i love this lipstick on me!! im nc42 in mac studio fix fluid, and its the perfect nude lipstick on me..

i love soft brown lipsticks and this is the best one yet coz it also has a bit of pink in it as well.. i have pigmented lips which means my top lip is browner than my bottom one, but with this lipstick it goes on perfect..

nb.. not all people can get away with wearing soft brown lipsticks, just be careful.. i cant get away wearing pinks but other girls my skin color can.. it just depends on you.. but overall LOVE IT!