Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit

Rimmel Lasting Finish - Birthday Suit
Rimmel Lasting Finish Rimmel Birthday Suit in 121 & 250Rimmel

3.7

on 5/21/2007 8:48:00 PM

This is a great nude lipstick. Slight sheen with a pink undertone without being a pinky/brown lipstick. The perfect nude color for a smokey eye. Also great for everyday. I am a FFF, neutral to cool toned, blue eyed brunette and this works great for me. Nice and moisturizing and lasts a decent amount of time. For the price and quality, this is definately woth a 5. Go and buy this ladies!

I bought this after hearing so many good things about it on MUA. I was skeptical when I first saw it in the tube at the store, but I figured; hey why not, it's cheap. I went home and took off all my lipgloss so I could see the color accurately, and used Sally Hansen invisible lip liner with it. I have to say I'm not really a fan of this lipstick. On me (Neutral/fair, dark hair, blue-green eyes) this color just looks too brown or copper colored to look good. I prefer nude colors with more pink in them. I don't like the smell either, or that it comes off so easily. It is very moisturizing though which is a plus. I'm usually more of a lipgloss kind of girl, so I think I'll stick with the gloss from now on.

on 3/1/2007 1:11:00 PM

Eh, nothing really special about Rimmel's Birthday Suit. It's a honey beige pink nude with some pearl. It is a nice nude, it just doesn't do anything for me. The formula is ok, smells like candied coconut to me. I don't like fragranced lipsticks but this is tolerable, fades within a few minutes. Birthday Suit reminds me of a less pinky peach version of my HG which is GA Mania #26. I prefer GA because it's unscented and the Mania formula is thicker and more moisturizing. So unfortunately I don't have much use for Birthday Suit. For reference I'm Chanel Beige, Stila 30 watts, GA LSF 5.5.

on 10/19/2006 1:28:00 PM

One coat of this on my very pigmented lips...no effect. Two/three coats, and it showed up orange. I really wanted to like this and hoped it would be a great nude, but unfortunately it's way too orange/brown, in a very unattractive way. Apart from the color, though, the texture of the lipstick is nice and smooth, and it's soo reasonably-priced. Back to the search for a nude lipstick that won't turn orange/make me look sick!

on 5/11/2006 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

After trying countless Rimmel l/s (Paradise, Airy Fairy, Heather Shimmer) I was about to give up on them, but I decided to try Birthday Suit even though some other reviewers have complained about the orangeness. Well for me, it looks similar on the lips to Mac High Tea, but slightly peacher and more pigmented. Plus you can get Rimmel l/s for dirt cheap, especially when they're on sale at drugstores. This definitely works on pigmented lips, as mine are too colored to wear anything like Mac Hue and Blankety, or Nars Chelsea Girls. If I wear Birthday Suit with a layer of Mac C-Thru lip glass over it, it's the closest I'll get to Nars Chelsea Girls without the gross "my lips disappeared" look. For once.... I'm happy with my Rimmel l/s purchase and would consider repurchasing, although the scent does bother me a bit.

on 8/22/2005 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Very versatile nude. Doesn't deaden me or look cheap in the least. I'd call it MLBP (my lips but paler). It's actually quite a sophisticated, wearable color. One of my favorite nudes.