Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rose

Jean-Charles Brosseau Ombre Rose

3.7

on 10/13/2006 6:16:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

This is my favorite fragrance...I remember the evening in St. Petersburg, FL when I first smelled it in Robinson's Department Store - I couldn't STOP smelling it, couldn't stop smiling, it was so lovely and soft. During the late 80's thru the 90's it lost its appeal to me - it smelled strange, I couldn't put my finger on it - the spell was sadly broken! Now it smelled like the cheaper drugstore version, "Lutece," lacking depth somehow. I was crushed... Then last year, on the MUA Fragrance Board, I read that during that time the company was sold and the formula of Ombre Rose was indeed CHANGED, cheapened! Ah HA! But also, that it was recently REPURCHASED by Brosseau and the original formula has been restored!!! I immediately splurged and treated myself to a gorgous bottle of EDT spray and lo, I fell in love again! A passion renewed. Everyone raves over my scent when I wear this, and I feel as if I'm moving in a soft feminine cloud of loveliness. I love that I don't smell like a department store cosmetic department, or any other woman I know. The men at work actually lean closer to me when I wear Ombre Rose! This is ME, this is mine.

on 9/29/2006 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This was my very first perfume. It's a spicy floral that is very feminine. I remember feeling very grown up when I would put it on.

on 9/11/2006 2:56:00 PM

I have just rediscovered this perfume...and I am in love! This little bottle comes with a story...When I was 14, I received it from a boyfriend who bought it on a class trip to France. Back then, I knew nothing about perfume, and hardly used any at all. It adorned my vanity table, and reminded me of him. It got lost in a move, until just a week ago when my sister found it in my old room and sent it to me. It reminds me of being a teen again, but I have a new, more mature outlook on the complexity of the scent itself. There is a subtle flowery sweetness, but not a strong rose note, if that's what you are looking for. I love the powdery finish, and definitely detect some sandalwood, which I absolutely adore! Reminds me of the drydown you get with No. 5 elixir, but sweeter and softer. I think I will have to buy another bottle when I am through with this one! Oh, and for the record- I am 25 and do NOT think this is an "old lady" scent at all!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is very powdery, very old-ladish and very strong scent. I never feel too young for any perfume out there, but with Ombre Rose I DO. Maybe when I am older I will like this better....

on 1/18/2006 10:12:00 PM

Love this. Got a sample bottle and fell for it. Very unusual as it has no citrus top note.and stays much the same on me with very little dry down. For the lady in Germany, you can get this on a website called "scent Direct" in UK. I believe they will deliver all over Europe. Has anyone tried Ombre Rose Bleu, or Violette Menthe? Don't like them as much but am curius as to gen opinion of MUA members

love Coral

on 11/18/2005 10:17:00 PM

An old-fashioned, but very pretty, very very powdery, aldehydic floral scent. There are so many notes: fruits, flowers, woods, vanilla and spices. To me, though, it smells like powdery white rose, with real powder, and vanilla in the base. It's really nice. I think I'd rather smell it on someone else than myself. Aldehydes are no good to my nose when close up, but from afar is when I think they must work their magic.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

there is something among the base notes which i don't like, someone mentioned play doh, and yes i agree. it's a perfume i want to like, very flowery and girly and of course i adore the frosted bottle, but after about ten minutes i was washing my wrists to get rid of that weird chemical scent, not for me :-(

on 8/8/2005 9:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I wore this all through high school. I LOVE this smell. Not just nostalgia and maybe just me but I think it smell very sexy and lady-like at the same time. I do not get all that much rose, but floral powdery...sandalwood?..yummmm it is just sooo nice.

on 5/26/2005 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This smells like playdough on me... I have toilet cleaners that smell better than this. Definitely not for me. Have a nice day!

on 6/11/2005 11:21:00 PM

It has a gorgeous bottle but it smells like a little old lady! Very powdery and feminine. Not for me.

Popular Fragrances