Neostrata Ultra-Smoothing Cream (10% Glycolic Acid)

Neostrata Ultra-Smoothing Cream (10% Glycolic Acid)

4.3

NeoStrata 10AHA Ultra Smoothing CreamIngredients: Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Decyl Oleate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Isocetyl Stearate, Ammonium Hydroxide, Arginine, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben.

on 11/16/2005 9:11:00 PM

This does wonders for my dry patches!! I used all sorts of scrubs and exfoliants but never got the result I achieved with this cream. I worried at first that I would be allergic to it considering how sensitive my skin is but I did not experience any redness or irrtation at all! Although there is a bit tingling sensation everytime I put it on, but it doesn't bother me knowing that it will make my skin look better. I am now dry patch free! I alternate this with PC's 2% BHA liquid, and my skin has never looked better. I even use this cream on my BF whose skin has always had dry flakes everywhere no matter how much he moisturized.. now he has the most baby-soft skin ever.. thanks to this cream!
11/14/2006 UPDATE: Still loving this creme!! I'm on my 2nd or 3rd jar, i can't even remember but it really does help exfloliate my skin - my skin is super smooth and flake-free. Love it!

on 3/29/2004 12:46:00 AM

This is a heavier AHA moisturizer that may be more suitable for drier skin not prone to breakouts. After using the Neostrata oil-free 8% matifying lotion I found that my skin was becoming quite dry. So I tried this, which turned my skin quite oily. Still searching for the perfect balance...Is there such a thing?

This moisturizer is designed for anti-aging and reducing fine lines. I don't yet have problems with fine lines, but I use glycolic peels to help improve the overall texture of my skin (rough patches, acne marks and scarring, etc.), and it always helps. So I decided to try this for the same purpose. Well, it has smoothed and evened out the texture of my skin like no moisturizer I've ever tried! My skin has lost that dullness it always had, and the texture seems to be improving. However, it is a very heavy moisturizer, so I only use it only every other night. It might also be too harsh for people who aren't used to glycolic acid or who have sensitive skin, but personally, I think this is great! My hesitation in buying it again is only because of the price. It cost me CAD$35-40. That's pretty steep as far as I'm concerned, but the results are great.