NARS Cosmetics Zen

ZenNARS zenNARS Zen

4.5

on 1/4/2009 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can certainly see why Nars blushes are so popular. I especially like this one for my olive toned skin, especially now that it is winter and a lot of my colour has temporarily drained.

PROS: (1) soft touch of my brush and a light hand produces a lovely warm glow (2) it is matt, I prefer that for a more natural look (3) easy to blend (4) Does not look orange (unless I layer way too much) (5) Nice pacaging, black rubbery outer coating with wide built in mirror inside.

CONS (1) does not last as long as I thought it would, by the end of the day it fades. On the plus side, when it does begin to fade away it becomes dewy and sheer, it does not smudge unevenly.

Overall, I am very happy with this color, it is smooth and natural. I can imagine that it will still work even when I get the rest of my colour back in Spring. I'll update you on that later though!

Happy Shopping

on 12/30/2008 8:38:00 PM

NARS Zen is a great nude blush. In the pan it looks like it would be kind of muddy, but it's absolutely not. I'm PPP and this blush gives me a hint of color that brightens my face right up. My Sephora didn't have this shade so I never would have heard of it without the help of MUA.

Holy Grail
I must say this is my bronzer and contour go to for everyday. It's natural matte abilities brighten up my face but don't leave me nc15 complexion dirty or muddy. I LOVEEE THIISS

on 12/20/2008 12:06:00 AM

I would have never thought of buying Zen for myself if it weren't for recommendations from the Makeup board. Judging by the pan it looks like it's only for pale people but I have medium-tan olive skin and this works wonderfully on me. This is the perfect blush for red lips. This is also my go to blush for when my skin is acting out and I don't want anything drawing too much attention to my breakouts.

on 12/19/2008 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love NARS blushes -- Zen is my go-to everyday contour color. Really pretty - not muddy at all! Great staying power. I'm NC30

on 12/15/2008 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My HG blush for summer or beach trips. It looks so natural on me. When I first looked at it I was debating between Lovejoy and this one. The lovejoy has shimmer and I thought it was beautiful in the compact and this one I thought was plain looking. When I tried on lovejoy I was disappointed it show up too dark on my NC20 skin and the sparkles didn't help. When i tried Zen on I immediately fell in love the color it shows up on my skin is more pinker than it looks on the pan. It's so natural and perfectly accents my cheeks in a cute natural yet classy look. I immediately bought it after I tried it on.

I feel that spending $25 on a blush is too expensive so I bought this at Sephora instead during their F&F sale for 20% off so it was around $20 for me.

I hate all nars packaging the rubber case gets dirty all the time and it's hard to tell what color you get unless you open it. The rubber cover rubs off over time and you have to peel it off and it looks ugly.

on 11/14/2008 12:57:00 AM

Zen is an instant HG product for me (NW15/20). I don't use this as an apple-of-the-cheeks blush, but more as a contouring color, and in that regard, I could not ask for anything better.

The matte, deep nude shade blends perfectly on into my pale complexion (though in the pan, it looks as if it would be too dark). It's just so natural looking, and best of all, it's never dirty or streaky in appearance.

I use my MAC 168 to apply (with 188 for extra blending if necessary). The result is beautiful.

This product is a staple that I never want to be without.

on 11/5/2008 2:04:00 AM

Very very useful color with no shimmer,u can use it as either blush& shade,Zen give u a very beige natural look.

on 10/27/2008 10:13:00 PM

this is a staple in my daily makeup routine. i 've already finished one, and the second one is half gone..... that says a lot . There are lots of similar shade out there in the market, but i find this one is (1) totally neutral shade which looks very natural on my NC20-25 skin, (2) no shimmer (3) lasts for a whole day. highly recommended

on 10/4/2008 7:57:00 AM

Me: n/d, 41. Nars Sin or Lancome Cedar Rose are my favorite blushes. Pros: excellent, densely pigmented blush. A 187 is excellent for most NARS blush application and Zen is no exception. Reads as a peach nude on my pale olive (C2/NC15) complexion and has the added advantage of minimizing some light sun damage I have on my cheeks. Matte, so very appropriate for work. Can also mimic a bronzer without making my pale skin look dirty. Dense texture also means that you can apply quickly without shooting a shower of blush particles all over your bathroom vanity counter (I love mmu blush but it can make a serious mess!). Packaging: NARS minimalist black. I own a lot of NARS (favorite line) and don't mind that the shadows and blushes are similarly packaged- space in a kit/makeup bag is definitely minimized. Price: moderate to expensive. Cost per wear will probably be very minimal. I have a Sin blush that's over a year old and it shows very little wear. Cons: This is a nude blush and takes a bit of getting used to if you're looking for brightness on your skin-- I've actually wiped this one off and put on Cedar Rose (similar texture from Lancome, but with a dusty rose undertone) on days that I'm feeling really pale. I've also had the experience of having a bit more trouble blending the matte formulas of NARS blushes-- probably because I generally apply over very dewy moisturizer/sunscreen.

Popular Blush Products