NARS Cosmetics Zen

NARS Cosmetics Zen
ZenNARS zenNARS Zen

4.5

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've finally found the perfect HG blush/contour for my olive NC30/35 skin. I'm more of a bronzer/contour type of gal as opposed to a blush fan so this just fits the bill when I want that everyday mediterranean, summer glow in the middle of winter. Shows up beautifully on my skin. This goes perfectly with Ninotchka for contouring or using Orgasm on the apples of my cheeks after using this as a contour.
Then again, I tend to go for the minimalist/neutral look often so this explains why I love Zen so much..

on 7/28/2009 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Zen is my go to for contouring. Very soft natural color. I sometimes use with NARS Luster for a natural glow.

on 7/12/2009 7:49:00 AM

I purchased Zen and Nico sight unseen from beauty.com. I guessed right because this blush is wonderful. I have dark brown hair and brown eyes, fair-medium skin and most stuff winds up looking too pink or orange on me. This has brown undertones, which work best for me. This winds up looking TOTALLY natural on me, especially when I use the Nico over top to soften the look. This blush works well for casual day use as well as a little more glamour at night. I am sooooo pleased to see that I am not alone in absolutely loving this blush. Now all I need to do is find the same look from a creme blush. Any suggestions, ladies?

Looks Boring in the pan. For so many years, i have been a Nars Blush fan but i always pass on this one.
When my Nars blush collection is almost complete, i finally decided to get this without even trying just to say that i have this in my collection.
I am so thankful because i finally gave this one a try and i love the result. It is the best nude blush i have ever used! No shimmer and glitters but this blush adds GLOW to my face! This is perfect when i just want a simple makeup to match my simple outfit. Perfect Nude blush with no hint of orange, pink or peach! Love it!

Click continued for a video swatch to watch on MUA. it's a video of aswatch while I talk about it in the background. very pigmented. slightly orange. smooth. very not chunky. I will def. look into other NARS blushes

continued >>

on 5/31/2009 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love NARS blushes. They're so pigmented, they stay on all day, and are just so darn pretty... if only they were cheaper. :) Anyway, Zen gives a really gorgeous nude glow. It's not orangey or dirty. Doesn't have shimmer. Just super pretty. I use it with Laguna. Super pleased with this blush.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best natural everyday blush!I love love love this blush! It looks nice when I swipe lightly to have that natural look. When I paired this with Super Orgasm, it gives me that really nice tan-blushy natural look.

on 5/12/2009 10:54:00 AM

Why does this turn orange on me? Well, if I put it on lightly it's not really orange - more I dunno 'bright', from swatches and the likes I thought this would be the PERFECT brown, but it's not, it's nice, but I already have too many warm dark peachy borderline orange bronzers.

on 4/17/2009 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Zen is what I hoped Chanel's Nude blush would be. Chanel's Nude was a bit to orangey for me but Zen is the perfect nude. No shimmer (cause sometimes you just don't want it) but it does not look muddy or dirty. Gives a subtle, natural glow.

I owe the mu board for the recommendation of this HG. I've perused the NARS blush selection many a time, and never even considered picking this up. Like all the other posters have said; it looks like a trainwreck waiting to happen on your face. Not so. THIS is why I now get all the hoopla surrounding these blushes. I was looking for something w/ no pink since I tend to flush easily and have the beginning of rosacea. Zen contours and gives me the nice healthy glow I haven't been able to find with other products. Couple it w/ a luminizer on the cheeks and you've got that dewy look all women strive for.
NW20/Black hair/Green eyes for reference.

Popular Blush Products