NARS Cosmetics Zen

NARS Cosmetics Zen
ZenNARS zenNARS Zen

4.5

on 5/26/2005 10:01:00 PM

This is one of my personal favs from the Nars blush collection. I acquired it via the Skin Deep Artist Palette. This blush is for everyone and it is fool proof. It applies a sheer warmth of natural flush to the face. Worthy investment.

Amazing neutral blush. Looks very sophisticated and can be dramatic or understated. Gives great contour to the face. I will never be without this shade.

on 4/20/2005 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It is the perfect shader for yellow skin, like me. Not too orange, not too brown, looks natural.
It blends very well, stay long.

on 1/26/2005 5:07:00 PM

Looks great on my NC30/Buff Beige Asian skin when I want a neutral beigey-brown blush. It doesn't come out orange at all, but rather has yellow undertones on me. It's part of my Skin Deep palette and I use Zen much more than Ninotchka, which is too dark or SOMETHING, not flattering, and can make my skin look dirty if not applied lightly. Zen is great though.

on 7/21/2004 1:44:00 PM

This is my 2nd Nars blush purchase, and I really love it! My first being Orgasm, which I prefer as an e/s due to the shimmer. Zen looks very plain and almost muddy in the pan, but on my skin it's so beautiful. This is the perfect *natural* shade, and from the other reviews, I think it tends to look different on everyone. Nars is pretty pricey, but a little goes a long way...AND I really love using my Nars blushes as an e/s...wet or dry they blend and stay beautifully. I will be buying more colors in the future due to the excellent texture and versatility.

on 6/24/2004 1:49:00 PM

I've only recently started using blush-- NARS Zen was my first purchase! I think its spoiled me ;) its a warm chocolatey brown shade (like a light milk chocolate shade) that I use mainly to contour (aka hopefully make my round face look skinnier by applying zen under my cheekbones and in the hollows of my cheecks, in order to accentuate the cheekbones). When applied lightly generally over my face, it makes me look tanned :) I apply it with Bobbi Brown's kabuki brush (another expensive, but worth it investment). The blush itself is very fine (a little goes a long way! its easy to apply too much), but never looks powdery or thick on my foundation and works well even layered under other blushes. Its a great color for everyday use, but given its relative plainness, I'm thinking of investing in other brighter/shimmery shades for some extra punch, especially when going out at night :) P.S. I'm a MAC NW25, Shiseido I20.

I love this blush! I have spent so much time searching for the perfect neutral hue and have finally found it. It's pricey but well worth it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a peachy/brownish matte shade. It mainly like it because its matte, I hate blush with shimmer. Unfortunately if I wear too much I look dirty, like ive been playing in dry mud or something. I only use it on the apples of my cheeks and it looks beutiful. I wont repurchase because since comparing this to a berry shade from MAC i prefer the berry clored shades and MAC is much less expensice.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love NARS blush.. they have the subtle application of the MAC sheertones but somehow the colors are more natural than MAC. ZEN doesn't look like a shade that would even show up on my GGG, chinese skin but it does.. it is a subtle polished shade, rather than a rosy, flushed look on me. A keeper - so lucky to have gotten this in a swap.

on 2/23/2004 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Zen is a beautiful contour color (I'm a MAC C3). This is very similar to MAC's Strada blush. This doesn't look "dirty" on the skin. It's the perfect contour blush!

Popular Blush Products