Bonne Bell Lip Lix

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/13/2003 6:45:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about these tubes. I really like the very sheer veneer of color they leave on the lips, and the moisturizing slick texture. I do not like the smell-- its really strong and I don't find it all appealing. But I like them well enough to have several of these- Espress-yo-self (sheer dark brown), Choc-it-up (shimmery brown), I-scream (beigey shimmer), and Go Berry Wild (lavender shimmer). I have the older lipsmacker type tubes, which have 2x the product than the new ones, so they are a much better value (if the formulas have remained the same).

Found this on clearance at Target and had to get it in I Scream. Smells like chocolate ice cream but doesn't have much taste. It's the perfect lipbalm to throw in my pocket at work.

on 1/8/2003 7:43:00 PM

i got this one in "the last strawberry". it goes on your lips a dark-brownish red. not pink at all which is nice. it gives a not-so-obvious tint which is different from normal lip smackers which goes on clear. i like it because it is cheap and i dont usually wear lipstick so it is kind of in between normal lip smackers and lip stick.

on 1/7/2003 2:15:00 AM

I've tried a bunch of these. First, in the older, Chapstick like tubes: Choc-It-Up, a medium caramel-chocolatey brown; I Scream, a peachy-brown-nude; Punch-u-ation, a light frosty pink-mauve; and Hot Fudge Sundaze, a deep sheer brown. In the new, slim tubes: Espress-Yo-Self, a sheer brown-plum, Like U Latte, a rosy-brown with slight shimmer, and Mocha Joke, a light frosty pink (ew). Overall, they smell fairly realistic and provide a nice hint of colour. And did I mention they're addictive? I can't believe I bought 6 of them within a couple of weeks.

on 12/25/2002 10:48:00 PM

I just got this in I Scream (I guess it means: I scream for ice cream?) It really does smell like rich, chocolate ice cream! I love the nude color and the shiny look. It feels moist going on and is such a "no mirror" lipstick. It looks fabulous with clear gloss and a nude/pink liner.

on 11/29/2002 8:00:00 AM

I just got Hot Fudge Sundaze and have been eating it off my lips since I got it. Mmm... chocolate wax. Colour is a very sheer brown. I don't really care about the colour, though, I'm all about the sweet sweet artificial flavourings. It's yum, and for the dirt cheap price, well worth it.

I have this in 'I scream' and it's a really nice color and smell. not too good of quality but they're fun.

on 8/26/2009 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this product in Be Berry Happy. The product says "Moisture + Shine + Tint". The color on my lips is very sheer, with some shine, and very slight pink tint.

PROS: Smells fabulous. Very inexpensive.
CONS: I wish the tube weren't so small. Not very moisturizing, and tint is barely noticeable.

Overall, I won't be repurchasing. :(

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I got this in Choc-It-Up and it's not great. I cannot smell any yumminess. I do like how it moisturizes and the tint, though. It's a caramel-y brown tint. The look of the package is cute too. I wouldn't have bought this if it wasn't on sale.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have the old formula, since I've had it for about 4 years now. I have it in Rhythm & Bluesberry. It has a frosty purplish blue, but goes on sheer. I LOVE the blueberry flavor, and I use it so rarely, I will probably have it for 4 more years.