Bonne Bell Lip Lix

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/7/2003 1:54:00 AM

I just so happened to pick up 3 of these the other day and remembered I had them in a drawer. I opened the I Scream and the Mocha Joke to test them out. Since I am a loyal user of Jordana lip liners, I reached for my chestnut. These two mixed really well with my lip liner, so much so that I think this is going to be my everyday thing. I did mix both together and thought it was really pretty and nude. I mixed my lip liner and mocha joke with chestnut after dinner and it was really nice. For a long time I have been looking for nudes and bonne bell has been the only one to come through. First with the Lip lites and now with lip lix... I am defiantely not going to waste money on other brand name items, since they are just expensive and disappointing. It seems that the cheaper something is, the more I like it. Not only do I not break my bank, but I love the colors and the textures, so no more of that expensive stuff for me... After all if i get tired of this, which I doubt, I won't feel guilty that I spent 2 days worth of lunch money to get it. These are definately worth a try.

on 5/4/2003 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Interesting that they repackaged these from the old standard fat regular lip balm tube to the new slimline keychain wearable tube. More portable, and easier to apply. Hum. I think I'm old fashioned enough to want the old tubes back! Neat product nevertheless. Nice scents and shimmer color!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

yay, lip lix are back! i *just* found these again tonight. i don't know if they were just re-released or i'm late to the party, but either way, i am *sooo* happy to see them! the packaging is newer - instead of a tube like the lipsmackers or a traditional balm, it's in a thin tube (like the almay lip tints). same awesome flavor, same great sheer coverage and yummy scents. these are absolutely delish - i need to find one in 'milk shake it up' now - the best one ever :) this is a great oldschool find, and i'm falling in love again!

i love the I Scream one of these- it's like having chocolate ice cream on your lips! absolutely yummy! plus this one is a frosty brown which pleased me as well. Punch-u-Ation (brownish shade, smells like Hawaiin Punch juice)<-- loved this one too. The Last Strawberry (a frosty med. pink, didn't like this-smelled too artificial for me). I still have 2 older ones too, the Espresso one-a sheer dark brown and GrapeVine Whine- a sheer deep plum color(they may hace d/c this one). All the Lip Lix have been repackaged recently to resemble Stila's or Almay's clear color tints.

on 1/11/2003 11:08:00 AM

These little jewels are back, freshly repackaged in a sleek thinner tube (a la Almay Lip Tints) but with a bonus cap you can thread a lanyard through (if you are into accessorizing with makeup then run don't walk to get this!).

I know this packaging is aimed at the youth of America but I will overlook that because I love the product! The two flavors/colors I purchased were Espress-yo-self and The Last Strawberry. Taste-wise I didn't gag on either which is a plus-I'm mad about the colors of these babies! Espress-yo-self is a sheer browned plum that delivers a YLBB look and the Last Strawberry is a sheer medium pink shimmer that looks great alone or over a liner like Chanel Nude. continued >>

I bought 2 of these lip balms many years ago when they first came out & I fell in love with them. After forgetting about them, I recently rediscovered an unopened one in the bottom of my makeup drawer & fell in love with the Lip Lix product all over again. This is the original product, in the Chapstick type tube. I have never used the more recent, updated Lip Lix gloss. I adore this product so much that I have spent a good amount of time searching for it on the internet since it has been discontinued. A few days ago I found some on eBay, sold as a grouping of 9 different shades & snatched them up (for $13.00!!) A few of the tubes are a bit sticky, due to age I assume but, most are still soft & buttery. Out of the 9 neutral shades, there is only 1 that I don't care for as it is a very pale, almost grey color that isn't flattering on me. They don't seem to have much flavor to them but, that's fine as I am only concerned about the color & feel of the product. I use these every day whether as a base for my lipsticks, lip liners, gloss or just by themselves. These are one of my favorite cosmetic purchases ever & they are cheap!

on 1/18/2008 10:40:00 AM

PROS: moisturizing, has a hint of color

CONS: the flavor i have is hotfudge sundae but it doesn't have that taste, taste more of a lipstick!

on 11/24/2005 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Cute glossy balm thing, I have it in Be Berry Happy. Don't like the packaging - its a bit flimsy. It has a really subtle tint, nice smell and its moisturising. I wouldn't buy it again though, just because I like trying new products =P

I have one of th new shades, Be Berry Happy. It has the yummiest smell and leaves lips with a healthly looking fresh pink tint. The only reason why it only gets a 4 is because of the packaging. It's so delicate that the cap always seems like its gonna fall off, and the tubes is so tint that you barely get any gloss. But otherwise, a really moisturizing, simple balm/gloss.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I remember having these in middle school - a vanilla one (forget the name), Cant-Elope (?), Choc-It-Up (which my sister stole), and my favorite, Gettin' Punchy (smelled JUST like Hawaiian Punch, but looked bad on me!). A LOT of those colors were pretty much flavored lipstick! I was sad when they were discontinued...

However when they sorta "came back," I decided to give them a try. I was hoping they'd bring back Gettin' Punchy (ya know, for nostalgia value, haha), but I DID get to try Espress-Yo-Self, one that I had been meaning to get but never got. I really don't like the thin incarnation of them now, but I love how sheer the color is on them.

Popular Lip Glosses