Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

OH MY GOODNESS, this is my favorite product of all time. It looks gorgeous on my NC25 skin tone and brown eyes and it really brightens up my eyes. It lasts about 5 hours before it smudges, but keep in mind that I have suppppppppppppppppppeeeeeer oily lids... as in NOTHING can stop eyeshadow from creasing. -_- Anyhow, I really do love this product. It's extremely creamy and pigmented too. It has shimmer, so for people who don't like glittery eye makeup may not like it, but I think it's worth a try. At 17USD, I wouldn't say that this is very cheap, but well worth the price. I would buy again in a heartbeat.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I adore Half Baked! It's the most perfect pure gold color. It really compliments brown eyes. I usually can't wear gold because it looks weird on me but Half Baked is the exception. I got this in the Sustainable Shadow Box and now the Vegan Palette. I got the Vegan Palette a month ago and I'm almost out of Half Baked, I use it a ton. The only downside is it's expensive for a single eyeshadow ($17) but it's totally worth it and I'm going to buy the single when I'm all out. Love it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Beautiful, rich, bronze-gold. VERY pigmented. I bought this online for $19 in a duo with Green Goddess. This isn't my favorite color by Urban Decay, but I LOVE how versatile it is! It can stand on its own, looks amazing with Gash on the outer half of the lid, or Roach or Stray Dog in the crease. I always use UDPP with this and at the end of the day, there's no creasing or fading. Another perfect product from a wonderful, animal friendly company! I'll never be without Half Baked, even at $17 a pop! (Fifth picture above is Half Baked on the inner half, Gash on the outer half.)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Urban Decay Half Baked is a beautiful gold color. It pretty much looks the same in the pan as it does on my lids, so already this shade is a hit with me. I like the fact that the color was shimmery without having a glittery effect (like Midnight Cowboy), also fall out wasn't too big a problem (although I put shadow on first anyway).

Half Baked is a medium gold shade so on my skin it looks best paired with something else and on the inner portion of my eyelids or just on the eyelid itself. I am an AAB with fair skin. I totally agree with the reviewer below me - use a liner and WOW! I used Wet N Wild black liquid liner to complete my look.

Gold is tricky. I would buy this shade again since it has the qualities I like in a good gold. I am not sure but I am going to take a look at my Golden Retriever eyeshadow by Prestige since there initially appear to be some similiarity...to be continued...

UPDATE: Golden Retriever by Prestige is a darker gold compared to Half Baked by Urban Decay. Actually Half Baked makes Golden Retriever look much darker, if both were used side by side the Half Baked could help blend Golden Retriever out.

on 5/6/2004 6:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my first Urban Decay shadow. I was very impressed with the smoothness of the product and the high pigmentation. The color is great on Asian skin and brown eyes. This is the kind of shadow that will swear you off drug store brands!

on 3/6/2017 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this because Benefit was out of Fawn Over Me, the goldish bronze single I initially went in for. I decided to try this instead because I've heard good things about UD eyeshadows and had always eyed this color, which is the color family I always wear.

I'm warm-toned and pale, with overall dry skin.

For me, this eyeshadow is very meh, and the quality is lacking for the price. This was a very poor substitute for Fawn Over Me, which sweeps on so smooth it's almost like a cream shadow. By comparison, this applies patchy and takes more strokes to apply evenly. It is also much more expensive for the amount of product. I've hit pan after just a few months of occasional wear. I think this is a workable warm-toned color in a palette but really don't think it's worth $20 for a single.

on 6/24/2015 12:01:00 AM

Okay so I don't think I included everything I needed to when I last reviewed this product.... So this is an update. This eyeshadow is okay. If I set my primer before applying it the color looks quite nice. I initially didn't like this because it looked like a chunky eyeshadow and was patchy. But that's only when I put it directly on primer without setting it. I've haven't had any issues with my other UD eyeshadows looking patchy. But still, even tho I found a way to make this work, I still don't find anything impressive about it. It's not the most pigmented gold I've used and there are much better gold eyeshadows out there. The quality is just meh... I just wish it wasn't as chunky

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love this eyeshadow. It suits me well, it's awesome to apply and I love to use it. The only reason I would not rebuy this is because I have been using this single shadow since high school and I still have about 6+ months of constant usage before it will be completely used up. It's been at least five years of using this on and off and it's still here. As much as this could be considered a positive tribute, I like to be able to use things up in a reasonable time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Half Baked was one of the eyeshadows in a UD palette I received in a swap. Out of all the colors in this palette, I love and use this one the most. My complexion is NC42/43ish (summer), very warm, and this is a beautiful highlight color for me. It sheers out nicely, doesn't have too much fallout, and creates the most flattering soft glow. Some UD colors (YDK, Midnight cowboy) have glitter in them-chunky, fallout bombs-this is not one of those. Definitely recommend!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

got this in m naked palette and i must say i maybe use this color 4/7 days of the week. its so pretty and blends flawlessly with other colors. it looks really nice paired with browns feathered in or even smoked out . i just love this color , and when ever i do my friends makeup they always point to this color