Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/28/2007 6:43:00 PM

Love it! Just got this eye shadow for Christmas, and I know instantly that this is going to be a staple of mine for now on. I love this yellow-gold shade, since it makes my blue eyes pop. Plus, I have yellow undertones in my fair skin, so it is a very flattering color for my complexion. I like how it is very natural, but still stands out and enhances my eyes. It is shimmery, but not too sparkly. Perfect, especially when paired with black eyeliner. I think it would work well on many people. Plus, it is great quality (as all Urban Decay products are, from my experience). It lasts on me all day without fading or creasing.

on 9/6/2006 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This shadow is great!!! I have started to collect UD eyeshadows for the last few months, and I think that I have 5 now (half-baked, baked, X, Ashphyxia, Speed) and I love them all!! I used to always have problems with eyeshadow staying on my oily eyelids, but UD stays on me the best!!! I used to find beautiful shadows from all brands, but they would crease within 2 hours or so. Not UD! Also, their color selection is superb, and you can really find shades that make your eyes pop. This is probably the most perfect bronze shadow I've ever owned. I am still a fan of Baked, and although the shades are very similar, I like half-baked better. Baked is slightly orangey, and Half-Baked is more of a gold/bronze, and makes my blue eyes pop!! It also looks great with any lipstick color and outfit- it seems to blend well! Also, I hightly recommend UD's shadow primer- I just got one, and I am hooked. My eyeshadow and liner won't budge from 8am to 10pm. The girl at Sephora recommended it to me, and I am glad I listened. Anyway, this is a great bronze that would probably compliment most eye colors!

on 8/11/2004 12:22:00 PM

I do love UD shadow, in general.Beautiful color-could not resist buying! However, this color just didn't suit me. It made me look tired-(ok-my eyes are tired,looking) but this shadow accented every line- =(
Looks beautiful on my young niece-
so I guess it's for young 'uns or very smooth lids.

on 6/29/2004 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I guess it's time for me to add my 2 cents about this beautiful e/s. It is the perfect gold e/s to bring out my blue eyes. To me, this IS definitely different (a bit lighter) than Baked e/s. It's also lighter than MAC Amberlights. Just an all-around gorgeous color with super-smooth texture and great pigmentation. I ♥ UD's non-glitter e/s (I also have X, Sin, and Roach).

on 5/6/2004 6:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is my first Urban Decay shadow. I was very impressed with the smoothness of the product and the high pigmentation. The color is great on Asian skin and brown eyes. This is the kind of shadow that will swear you off drug store brands!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Half Baked is a metallic muted light-medium gold. I am very fair with blue eyes, and this is a killer lid color with warm neutral looks or an all over wash on light makeup days. Like all UD shadows, the formula is amazing, and with primer it lasts all day. This is a must-have, especially if you prefer warm neutrals or very shimmery shadows.

on 3/6/2017 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this because Benefit was out of Fawn Over Me, the goldish bronze single I initially went in for. I decided to try this instead because I've heard good things about UD eyeshadows and had always eyed this color, which is the color family I always wear.

I'm warm-toned and pale, with overall dry skin.

For me, this eyeshadow is very meh, and the quality is lacking for the price. This was a very poor substitute for Fawn Over Me, which sweeps on so smooth it's almost like a cream shadow. By comparison, this applies patchy and takes more strokes to apply evenly. It is also much more expensive for the amount of product. I've hit pan after just a few months of occasional wear. I think this is a workable warm-toned color in a palette but really don't think it's worth $20 for a single.

on 6/24/2015 12:01:00 AM

Okay so I don't think I included everything I needed to when I last reviewed this product.... So this is an update. This eyeshadow is okay. If I set my primer before applying it the color looks quite nice. I initially didn't like this because it looked like a chunky eyeshadow and was patchy. But that's only when I put it directly on primer without setting it. I've haven't had any issues with my other UD eyeshadows looking patchy. But still, even tho I found a way to make this work, I still don't find anything impressive about it. It's not the most pigmented gold I've used and there are much better gold eyeshadows out there. The quality is just meh... I just wish it wasn't as chunky

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This eyeshadow highlights my eyes wonderfully. It's very pigmented, and when used with primer, has excellent staying power. I first used in it a Naked palette, and then knew I was going to use that color up much faster than the rest, so I purchased it separately.

I'm not that partial to how Urban Decay packages their individual eyeshadows, I think they look a little clunky, and the price is pretty high. One package of it will last a long time though, and the product itself is great.

The Naked palettes are the best deal if you think you'll go through more than one of the shades fast enough.

on 4/7/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

l o v e the color. It's a great day in day out shadow.