Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

Urban Decay Eyeshadow- Half Baked

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/15/2011 11:15:00 PM

I am in l-o-v-e. This makes blue eyes POP! The perfect bronzy coppery color I've been looking for my whole life! I adore shimmer eyeshadows (I'm only 21 so don't have much lines) and this is gorgeous for a summer bronze look. I will definitely repurchase if I ever run out!!

on 4/19/2011 12:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Basically, this eyeshadow is everything I wanted MAC's Amber Lights to be. Such a lovely bronzed gold, without any hint of orange unlike AL. Really smooth, pigmented shadow, looks great on the lid and on the lower lash line - Makes blue eyes POP! Came in a set along with the eyeshadow primer potion which I'm looking forward to trying out to see if this shadow can last even longer.
The packaging is a bit tacky and plastic-y but who cares when the product is this good?!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

OH MY GOODNESS, this is my favorite product of all time. It looks gorgeous on my NC25 skin tone and brown eyes and it really brightens up my eyes. It lasts about 5 hours before it smudges, but keep in mind that I have suppppppppppppppppppeeeeeer oily lids... as in NOTHING can stop eyeshadow from creasing. -_- Anyhow, I really do love this product. It's extremely creamy and pigmented too. It has shimmer, so for people who don't like glittery eye makeup may not like it, but I think it's worth a try. At 17USD, I wouldn't say that this is very cheap, but well worth the price. I would buy again in a heartbeat.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I adore Half Baked! It's the most perfect pure gold color. It really compliments brown eyes. I usually can't wear gold because it looks weird on me but Half Baked is the exception. I got this in the Sustainable Shadow Box and now the Vegan Palette. I got the Vegan Palette a month ago and I'm almost out of Half Baked, I use it a ton. The only downside is it's expensive for a single eyeshadow ($17) but it's totally worth it and I'm going to buy the single when I'm all out. Love it!

on 2/5/2011 3:57:00 PM

gorgeous gold shimmery colour, the perfect gold really, i wear with 'woodwinked' mac which looks amaze!

reasonably priced at 18 euro, lasts for ages, great pigments, love love love!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'd never have thought that shimmery metallic gold would be a good idea for me but this is one of the only wearable shades I've discovered in Urban Decay's sustainable shadow box. Its drama is subtle - no annoying clumps of glitter here - and while it looks better on my skin for evening wear I see no reason why it shouldn't be worn in the day. It is metallic, but the effect is very soft. It's a slightly warmer colour than I'd expect to get away with but I do, and I suspect the shade would be flattering to most. It lasts well - I know it will still be there giving my lids a dewy, luminous glow to the early hours. And my eyes, which are grey, suddenly look cornflower blue!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Beautiful, rich, bronze-gold. VERY pigmented. I bought this online for $19 in a duo with Green Goddess. This isn't my favorite color by Urban Decay, but I LOVE how versatile it is! It can stand on its own, looks amazing with Gash on the outer half of the lid, or Roach or Stray Dog in the crease. I always use UDPP with this and at the end of the day, there's no creasing or fading. Another perfect product from a wonderful, animal friendly company! I'll never be without Half Baked, even at $17 a pop! (Fifth picture above is Half Baked on the inner half, Gash on the outer half.)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was the second urban decay eyeshadow I ever bought, and when I bought it I knew virtually nothing about makeup. Since then, I have added alot more to my collection but I still keep comming back to use this particular eyeshadow. I love the formula, very creamy feeling, it gives a nice golden sheen. Looks kind of like liquid bronze-gold on the lid. I love how it goes so well with any brown crease color as well. Really pretty for a neutral look, and it just brightens up your whole face! :) overall it is a great color for my warm complexion!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Love this color- it works so well with my complexion. (I've got tan, Filipino skin.) Its a nice medium brown color with just the right amount of shimmer. I wear it all over my eyelid with MAC Embark in the crease. <3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Urban Decay Half Baked is a beautiful gold color. It pretty much looks the same in the pan as it does on my lids, so already this shade is a hit with me. I like the fact that the color was shimmery without having a glittery effect (like Midnight Cowboy), also fall out wasn't too big a problem (although I put shadow on first anyway).

Half Baked is a medium gold shade so on my skin it looks best paired with something else and on the inner portion of my eyelids or just on the eyelid itself. I am an AAB with fair skin. I totally agree with the reviewer below me - use a liner and WOW! I used Wet N Wild black liquid liner to complete my look.

Gold is tricky. I would buy this shade again since it has the qualities I like in a good gold. I am not sure but I am going to take a look at my Golden Retriever eyeshadow by Prestige since there initially appear to be some similiarity...to be continued...

UPDATE: Golden Retriever by Prestige is a darker gold compared to Half Baked by Urban Decay. Actually Half Baked makes Golden Retriever look much darker, if both were used side by side the Half Baked could help blend Golden Retriever out.