Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

on 7/17/2007 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The mascara claimed that is 7x volume. However the mascara does add volume, but not quiet 7x. This mascara doesn't seperate lashes very well. Lashes tended to clump together when you apply several coats. But I think this mascara is great, but to me, is kind expensive

on 6/27/2005 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This mascara is close to becoming my HG. My lashes are pretty long, but stick straight and no volume at all. Before I put this on, I curl my lashes first. Then, put couple of light coats of this mascara and my lashes look much fuller. Just like its name, this mascara creates volume like no others I've tried so far. It holds curls all day long and doesn't flake or smudge. At the end of the day, I use Clinique Take the Day off remover to remove it and it comes off completely. I'm glad I tried this. Maybelline often have coupons and sales, so give it a try then. You might end up liking it.

on 5/12/2005 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This mascara doesn't flake or clump on me at all! It would be my HG if it weren't IMPOSSIBLE to remove. Holds curl like nothing else I've tried, and I've tried a lot of drugstore and department store mascaras.

on 6/25/2004 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had been using the regular Volume Express Waterproof, and thought I'd give this a try. I do think it goes on better than the original formula - I think that the original one is quite thick and clumpy and just doesn't seem to glide on very well. (Though I did buy this for it's super thick formula and have been very pleased with it). Anyway, this formula is much more gel like? I don't know, it's just a little more slick when you put it on, so it just goes on a little easier. I don't know how to describe it, but it goes on much better without a ton of clumping. It still gives a nice thick coat. I will continue to buy this!
**update - i really think this is my HG mascara for now. When i curl my lashes and then throw this on (i do like to coat it on quite a bit)...i really feel like my lashes are nice and long!
**2nd update: i have since tried Diorshow Blackout, Shiseido and several other high-end mascaras, and I keep coming back to the Maybelline!!

on 6/24/2004 10:33:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is pretty good. It adds a very nice amount of length and curl, without making your lashes all stiff and spidery. However, it does smear a bit in hot weather or on oily lids. For the price, it's worth a try.

on 4/8/2004 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is it! No flaking, no dripping down my face becuase of my oily under eye area. I love this stuff! Length? You bet! Width? OK. And waterproof as heck but comes off at the end of the day w/non oily MU remover!

on 7/7/2014 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Favourite mascara ever. I can't find any faults in it. Volumizes and lengthens your lashes with only one coat, and I personally don't get any clumps from it. It is amazing for the price that it is and I will be repurchasing till the end of my days.

on 10/5/2013 11:43:00 AM

been using it for 2 years with amazing results. to take it off I use garnier eye makeup remover (the blue one).

I love this mascara! It lengthens and lifts and isn't heavy. The price is great and it also truly volumizes my lashes. It's my new favorite mascara!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i love this mascara! i have been using it for years. i always use a waterproof mascara because i have somewhat straight lashes and this mascara holds the curl REALLY REALLY WELL! if i go swimming and have this on then the curl will come out, but the mascara still stays on and doesn't run or streak. this product does have a tendency to clump once you get to the bottom, but not really anything major--nothing an eyelash comb can't fix--and mind you, this is when you are nearly out of the product.

it has a fairly thin consistency when you first open the tube and it smells like mascara--nothing offensive. i like the consistency of the mascara after i've used it about 10 days or so--it gets a little thicker due to air absorbtion and it makes my lashes look real but "dramatic" without the use of false eyelashes.

the price ranges from store to store here, but the average range is from $6-$8. as long as they don't try to "improve" the formula or discontinue this mascara altogether, i will be a buyer for life!!