Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

on 9/27/2008 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Volume? Not really. This mascara did more lengthening for my lashes than thickening, and even then it wasn't that big of a difference from my naked lashes. This mascara did have some staying power, but not much. I didn't have a problem with smudging or running, so it is waterproof, but it started to flake off after about 6 hours of wear. I'm very disappointed in this product; any Maybelline mascara I buy in the future it'll be the one in the pink bottle with the green cap (<-- which has been great for me time and time again).

on 9/23/2008 11:16:00 PM

Don't really like it. Not as good as volume express. I find this to clump very easily and smudge ALOT! Although it does add a lot of volume, there are better mascaras out there for this price range.

on 9/18/2008 12:32:00 AM

I also read the Paula Begoun reviews on this product and got it at a 2 for 1 sale at walgreens. The product was dry as soon as i opened it and it just caused a bunch of clumps on my already clump prone asian lashes. I would never buy this again.

on 7/25/2008 11:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This mascara was on sale for $5 and I figured it couldn't be any worse then Great Lash.
If I said it is nothing like Great Lash, I would be a lier.
I find no difference. It is wet, and gunky. The lashes stick together and makes one big mess. Not worth it at all.
Somedays it pulls a mood swing and delivers "leave the house worthy" lashes, but that is once in a blue moon.
Don't think this will make it's way into my makeup bag again.

on 7/21/2008 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

totally disappointing. i was looking for a mascara that would hold my curl like CRAZY and was rec'd this mascara in the waterproof version by a few posters on the Makeup Board. i mistakenly grabbed the regular version, and let me tell you i wish i had kept my receipt! this mascara is completely AVERAGE, and in the worst way possible. the black color is very nice and glossy and that's about where the positive aspects end. it hardly held my curl up halfway, didn't lengthen very much, didn't give volume, made my lashes look super, super thin and short like i only had about 10 of them to begin with (and i'm pretty sure i have atleast 15, LOL)! "Turbo Volum"??? i think not. if you already have long, thick, gorgeous eyelashes then i'm sure this mascara would work fine for you, it would slightly define and darken your lashes and you'd be satisfied, but if you actually want your mascara to perform, forget it. put this mascara right back in it's display and try my drugstore HG, Cover Girl Volume Exact mascara, or if you want to stick with Maybelline, their new Colossal Lashes mascara is pretty good. happy mascara hunting!

on 7/19/2008 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have short, uncurly lashes for reference. Much more worse than the volum express mascara.. It clumped my lashes, uncurled them after using eyelash curler, smudged everywhere. It gave me length but barely any volume. Will never buy again..

on 6/14/2008 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This gave me crunchy, spidery lashes even after I wiped the brush. The effects were lackluster--I think it may even have straightened my curled lashes. Big thumbs down, back to Full and Soft.

on 6/13/2008 11:13:00 PM

I normally like Maybelline mascaras, but wasn't impressed with this one. It certainly doesn't add 7x volume or length! It was a bit 'globby' for lack of a better term, didn't apply very evenly and didn't flake really after it dried, but as I was doing the application, small flakes fell under my eyes/on my cheeks. Messy/difficult application. Disappointing.

on 6/1/2008 10:21:00 PM

I have extremely oily lids, so as you can imagine, alot of things smudges on me. this, is no exception, it smudges after 2 hours ( i tried it on with Urban decay eye potion, clarins water proof mascara coat, everything, it still smudges). but the good things are: first, it's not so hard to remove, even though it is water proof. secondly, the result is lengthening, voluminous, and even looked alittle dewy. so I'd recommend this mascara to anyone who doesn't have oily lids.

on 5/27/2008 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

this broke my eyelashes apart. now my eyelashes are very thin. :( stupid WP mascara. ugh. i give it a 2 for staying power though. and it did have volume.