Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

on 2/4/2008 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Doesn't work as good as original???
what's the point!!!
x

on 1/17/2008 3:08:00 PM

I picked this up on a 2 for 1 sale.
I'm on the fence with this one. It really does thicken my lashes, but I'm not too sure about length. Its gives them some "oomph" but I find it did a bit of damage(lost a few eyelashes). I'll use up my tube, but a re-purchase won't be necessary. The extra ones up for swap.
EDIT: I lost half my eyelashes. I didn't use up my tube. I let the garbage have it. I guess it just can't work for me.

on 12/20/2007 2:48:00 PM

hrmm. It didn't do anything for my already long lashes. No thickness. Doesn't compare to Voluminous or Diorshow. Got NO umph out of it.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Meh. Meh. Turbo? More like Volume express brake. Cause it stops your lashes from getting volume. Its straightened my curly lashes. The brush is waaaaay too rough ive never has a mascara brush hurt my eye lids. I do love the tube so I keep it for decorative purposes. It just lays there looking pretty.

on 11/29/2007 3:34:00 PM

This was the first mascara I bought from Maybelline.
It lengthened, but not that much and definitely not 5X the length/volume/whatever.

It was difficult to remove even with a waterproof eye-makeup remover, it smudged on my lower lids, and it flaked all throughout the day.

the only thing I like about this product was that it was really black, and it did (for a while before smudging/flaking) give me long'ish lashes. but boy.... it wasn't worth it.

There's also something in the smell of this mascara that really bothered me and irritated my eyes.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Wow, I never liked Maybeline and this just seals the deal. I thought the reviews were too good to be true and they were. I should have just bought my Lash Perfection . This mascara willl give you clumps and that's all.

on 9/18/2007 11:40:00 AM

Flakes HORRIBLY on me. I mean horribly. Plus it clumps and barely lengthens. Will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Update 12/09/2007: Unfortunately I have to drop all the lippies from my original review now. I've been alternating between this and the Maybelline Unstoppable mascara in a bid to finish them as quickly as I can. Its taken me a while to cotton on to the fact that these 2 mascaras are causing my lashes to falI out when i remove them in the evening! And I have never had a problem with my lashes dropping off together with the makeup remover - I doubt its the remover's fault since I go over my entire face with it to remove sunscreen, even from the eye area, and no lashes come off when I'm not using either of the 2 Maybelline mascaras. While I've never had this problem with previous maybelline mascaras, for the sake of my lashes which are few enough as it is, I will never, ever use any mascaras from Maybelline again, even if I got them for free.************ This is great! I've been wanting to test mascaras with a comb wand - and had already shortlisted the Bourjois Yes to Volume No to Clumps, as well as Maybelline's Lash Stylist. However I saw this on sale for just a little over S$10 yesterday, and got a tube of the waterproof version to try since most mascaras smudge on me (i don't use eyelash curlers so the corners of my upper lashes end up touching my undereye area.) To my surprise, this mascara gave me long, separated lashes, and even lifted it up! I didn't get much volume, but my lashes were miiiiiles long. and very defined as well. I actually looked as though I did tightlining, and my hubby woke up from a nap and said - "your eyes sparkle so beautifully." How's that from a guy who never notices whether I have mascara on or not! The best thing is, it didn't budge or smudge even after a whole day of sweating and walking around, running errands in the rain, etc. But it came off easily with my avalon organics cleansing milk. I'm definitely picking up more tubes to stash before the sale ends. HG!.

on 7/18/2007 2:41:00 PM

VERY clumpy and unnatural-looking... I definitely got that spider-eye appearance with this! It makes your lashes really stiff and then flakes off. Plus it dried out really fast and started to smell chemical-y. I won't buy this again; I'm sticking to Full 'n Soft. And did I mention how hard it is to remove?

on 5/28/2007 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

NO i wont buy this product again. WHY? it doesnt come off at all! (hardcore waterproof) it's so irritating at the end of the day when all i need is my naked eyelashed, not full-blown mascara-ed eyes the gives rise to racoon eyes in the morning! Grr. Otherwise, it's an okay mascara. Still cant match up to my faav Revlon Fabulash. I know this is a waterproof formula, and i've used oil make-up remover, cold cream, cleansing milk, etcetc..it wont budge. unless i pluck out my lashes one by one, scrub it with a wire brush and stick it back on one by one again. bahh.