Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

on 7/22/2009 4:29:00 PM

Absolutely terrible. Enough said.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

OMG, worst mascara ever! I don't know if I got a bad tube or what but this was the clumpiest thing I've ever had to deal with. After just 1 coat, my lashes became spider legs (did I mention I was arachnophobic?) and flaked into my eyes within a couple hours.

I love Maybelline mascaras but this was just the worst beauty product I've ever tried. After just two uses, this was in the trash.

I don't get all the rave reviews about this, but then again, there is a possibility that I got a bad tube.

Holds curl nicely. But I did not find that it gave very nice volume. Mascara seems to look a little dry on lashes after a few hours of wear. Some flaking seems to occur too. The consistency is kind of runny. I won't bother with this one again. Not for me.

on 12/10/2008 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I hate this mascara! It just clumps my lashes together every time! That's their idea of giving volume? Just as JelliBelli247 says, it makes it look as if I have just a few Big, Clumpy lashes! Horrible!!!!
Besides that, removing it is a Nightmare!
Don't waste your money on this product.

It didnt rate as well for me as the lash blast from cg and I didn't like the lash blast. The wand is ok, standard look. The formula is ok, a bit wet. It coated my bottom lashes for me, and not in an even way. Ehhhh, I will pass on this. It worked on my lashes by clumping together lashes, which meant that I looked like I only had five or six HUGE lashes.
Not my cup of tea at all.

on 9/17/2008 2:18:00 PM

One of the worst mascaras I've ever tried!!!! Difficult to apply. Clumps, clumps, clumps!!! Doesn't stay! Would not recommend to anyone.

on 5/24/2008 11:24:00 AM

I have the volum express curved brush version, which is my HG mascara. So when I heard about this 'turbo' version I thought "wow, it'll work even better than my original!"

This mascara doesn't have the curved brush, which is a down-side. The stick straight brush made it really hard for me to build up volume, & there were hardly any bristles on the brush.

This neither lengthened or volumized my lashes. After putting on 3 coats I was really frustrated - the only difference to my lashes was that they looked darker.

Definately won't repurchase or recommend. My original volum express curved brush is 10 x better than this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Thick, dry and clumpy, was difficult to get any color on lashes. Hardly any volume or curl. It flaked slightly, and gave me dark smudges under my eyes yet more difficult to remove than other waterproof mascaras.

I also had a reaction to this, my eyelids swelled up every time I used it, leaving them pink and itchy for days, like a little pink mouse!

I bought this product cuz evry1 raved abt it!
nothing 2 rave abt!. I hav short azn eyelashes. I was expecting dramatic volume results but no. This product looks weird on. I can't figure it out if it's just me or if it really does look like spider legs. It does sorta clump, evn tho it separates & defines the lashes u can notice the clumps R uneven whn u put it on. I get lil' black specks under my eyes after awhile.

The best thing is that it separates the lashes sorta looking more natural... but it dsn't thicken or really do much. Last long & feels natural.

I def. wn't buy this product agn or really trust the opinions that I get on here anymore. Thnks guys, 4 leading me to this crappy product.

on 2/18/2008 7:10:00 PM

This product sucks! Good thing wal-mart is good about makeup returns. This stuff went back to the store for sure. I thought that because it was waterprood it would not flake off, smudge or anything. By the end of the day I had some black mascara marks under my eyes. It didn't do anything at all for my lashes. It didn't add volume or make them look longer. This was a dissapointment! Not recommended!