Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.6

on 1/29/2009 9:35:00 AM

This mascara does everything for me! It lengthens, volumizes, darkens, AND holds a perfect curl. I love it.

Edit: I took off a lippie because after a couple of months, it gets dry and clumpy.

I was impressed by this mascara. It does a nice job for day-to-day use, coats pretty evenly and definitely gives the lashes every appearance of being fuller. For a special event, I usually use an eyelash primer with it, and that looks fantastic.

on 4/14/2008 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love it! Maybe not my hg, but definitely a good runner up. Very occasionally it clumps, but nothing an eyelash comb can't fix. I will keep buying it until it's discontinued :D

on 2/29/2008 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a fantastic mascara! It thickens, curls, and volumizes without being stiff! Lashes come out natural-looking and the look lasts all day long, even after I exercise! As for removing the mascara, it is a little harder for me to remove than my average mascara, but I don't really have to rub harder or anything and I certainly don't lose a lash every single time (unlike what some other girls have been saying).

The only reason why I gave this 4 lippies rather than 5 is because it is not as "smudge-proof" as I had hoped it would be. Even though it claims to be "waterproof," I still find a LITTLE smudging under my eyes at the end of the day--not much, so it's not a big deal, but I wish it would stay perfectttttt. Don't get me wrong, this mascara is certainly more resistant than the average mascara, but if the number one thing you want from a mascara is ZERO smudging and all-day absolute perfection, then I'd suggest Clinique Lash Power (I've never tried it, but I've researched reviews on several waterproof mascaras, and that one is the only one where I have found practically no complaints about smudging etc). Although being completeellyyyy smudge-free is one of the things I look for in a mascara, I'd rather pay half the price for this one, which I know significantly enhances my lashes in one or two strokes, lasts all day, and has minimal smudging.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It's really cute mascara, it makes my lashes look more defined.
really natural looking, but kept them very soft too.
if super long and lush full lashes is what you desire, this mascara is not for you.
it does not hold a curl that well, but still a pretty good product for drugstore.
i might buy it agian.

on 1/30/2008 9:35:00 AM

I like this stuff. I already have black lashes that are semi-long, i just needed something w/that extra oomph....and a little thickening. This stuff is good, it does leave some flakes though....I really like the packaging though.

on 1/25/2008 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my go to mascara! I love it. I wouldnt say its HG, but its close. I love that if i want it natural i use it lightly but if i want more dramatic it easily builds up to what i want. It dosnt smudge or flake which is great!

on 12/9/2007 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

After reading all the reviews here I decided to get one of these babys since they were having a BOGO SALE. I got and tried it right away and holy it DID volumize but not alot and did lengthed a bit, partially curl, the best part was that it didnt clump unless i put on like 8 layers. I paired it up w/ define-a-lash and it did wonders on my eyelashes but i had to comb it out since it clumped from my excessive layering. One of my complaints is that the tube is fat and annoying but I LOVE the product. Im thinking of going back and restock on these! DEFIANTLY REPURCHASING!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted a mascara that would give my eyes a "dramatic" look so I thought Volum' Express Turbo would do the trick. After all, it says it'll give you 5X the volume so how could you go wrong? I stopped by Fred Meyer and bought a tube for $6.99. That's pretty reasonable, I thought.

I had already used the regular Volum' Express 3X, and I really liked it. Logically, I expected the 5X to be even better. Luckily, I wasn't disappointed!

First of all, I really like the brush on this. I've used Maybelline Full n' Soft and although I really like the formula, the big brush was a little hard for me to handle. I like the slim, long brush that comes with the Volume' Express a lot better. Now for volume, this did wonders for my lashes! After curling my lashes (as I always do), I found it was easy to apply, and I really noticed a difference in the length of my lashes. They definitely looked longer.

My eyes definitely "popped" after using this mascara. It gave me the dramatic look I was looking for.

The best thing I found was that when it says waterproof, it really means it! After 3-4 hours of wear, I ended up wiping my eyes (forgetting I had on mascara) and nothing smudged! That was pretty amazing.

This would get a 5/5 rating but like others have said, it is a little more difficult to remove compared to other waterproof mascaras. It wasn't a nightmare to get off though, so maybe it depends on what kind of eye makeup remover you use. I get mine from The Body Shop and it does a nice job of taking off the Volum' Express Turbo mascara.

on 10/28/2007 9:13:00 PM

I love this mascara! It adds a lot of volume and even adds a little length. but the best part is that is makes a perfect curl so you dont even need an eyelash curler :]