Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.5

on 1/3/2007 6:40:00 PM

I really like this mascara. I'm using the Turbo Boost formula though.
I was originally looking for something to replace my beloved Discontinued Loreal Lash Intensifique waterproof, and this one from Maybelline doesn't disappoint. Goes on and gives me intense beautiful black lashes. I have had no smearing, stinging, or change in the mascara in the 3 months I've been using it. Minimal flaking...Easy to come off with my Pond's Bare & Repair eye makeup remover. I use waterproof for everyday, just as I tend to smear if I don't. If your looking for something to give you beautiful lashes...I wouldn't hesistate to recommend this! Update: I've switched to Cover Girl Fantastic Lash WP. It just seems to not be as glumpy on me. Over time this one started to flake :( and dry out way too quickly.
INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water), Paraffin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Acacia (Acacia Senegal) Gum, Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Stearic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Palmitic Acid, Acrylates Copolymer, Triethanolamine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Simethicone, BHT, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Trihydroxypalmitamidohydroxypropyl Myristyl Ether, Polyquaternium 10, May Contain (+/-): CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarine), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica, CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

on 11/16/2006 8:15:00 PM

Maybelline Volum Express Turbo Boost Waterproof mascara in Very Black.

My lashes - Stick straight, so I always use a lash curler. My eyes water and my lids get oily by the end of the day. My lashes are black, so as long as the mascara comes in black, I'm satisfied.

Waterproof/Oilproof? - Mostly. No raccoon eyes generally. Slight shadow possible if I dont get rid of all traces of mu remover from the eye area or get moisturizer near the eye area; this is usually not a problem in dry weather but I notice it more in the humid/summer months.

Adds volume? - Yes. Packaging says "5x" volume, but it doesn't look nearly that dramatic :) I quickly swipe up to 5 times without letting it dry between coats.

Adds length? - Some.

Holds curl? - Yes, very well.

Removal? - Requires WP remover to take off, but it's not overly stubborn. I use Clinique's Naturally Gentle Eye Makeup Remover or a mineral-oil based remover.

Other comments - Adds a little bit more volume than the non-Turbo WP version. Lashes are soft, not brittle or hard. Dries quickly. Formula is smooth, not lumpy. Lashes don't clump unless you let dry between coats.

Overall - This is a staple item: very reliable daily mascara for me. Possibly HG status (among d/s varieties) for daily mascara and special events. continued >>

on 11/13/2006 7:06:00 PM

I bought this at CVS. IMO Volum Express Turbo is comparable to Bourjous's Pump up the volume. I've used both and I'm going to stick with Volum Express, bc it's a heck of a lot cheaper than Bourjous & does the same job. UPDATE: This mascara gets worse everyday- it clumps and makes my lashes look like spiderwebs. I don't pump the mascara before applying either. It may be bc its the waterproof version. I wont repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

this is an okay product.....my friend recommended it to me. it doesn't really lenghten my short asian lashes that much but it does give a natural look if that's what you're going for.

on 10/31/2006 4:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I was soo disappointed with this mascara. After 3 or 4 sweeps it barely looked like I had anything on. This didn't even give half the results I got from 1 sweep of Maxfactor's Masterpiece. This isn't even worth 5 and I can't believe it is from the same make as XXL beacuse that is fantastic for full on bold lashes.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Turbo isn't really much different than regular volum express imo. The cosmetician told me that it's mainly the brush that makes a difference in application and she said for both regular volum express and express turbo it's the same brush. Still a good mascara if it was on sale, I'd still buy it. But regular price, no buying for me, thanks.

on 10/4/2006 12:17:00 AM

The first coat left me with nicely defined and separated lashes fringed with a soft curl. the sefcond coat amped up this same effect and i ended up with very long lashes, not much for volumising but not really necessary as it coats every single lash so you look like you have a huge full thick set. Not a fan of these short fat chunky tubes. Liked how it curled my lashes as well. Not a bad buy!

on 9/28/2006 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to admit up front that when it comes to mascara, I'm a Cover Girl fan. I had a coupon for a $1.00 off any Maybelline mascara and I chose this one. It's not bad but it's not great either. I really don't get the Turbo effect. My lashes look ok but not 7x times better as promoted by the literature. I have always considered Maybelline's mascara to feel soft on the the lashes and this one is no different. And I don't have smudging late in the day which is always a top priority for me. However, the formula is a bit wet for my taste and takes a little longer to dry than I'm willing to wait. For that reason alone, I will stick with my CG Fantastic Lash.

on 8/6/2006 4:41:00 PM

I've been looking for a new mascara since my old one ran out and I wasn't too happy with it. I have thin and short lashes and am always looking for volume without smudging. I'm overall satisfied with this mascara although it's still not a favorite, I'm still looking, anyone have an absolute fav volumizing mascara without the mess? let me know!
Well anyway, back to the review.
Pros: All you need is 2 coats of this for lashes too look full and long too! There are no smudges and lashes don't stick together, especially if you take a little of the mascara off (with a tissue) of the wand before applying.
The smell is alright, it's not strong or annoying and you can only smell it if you stick your nose to the tube or wand, lol.

Cons: It takes a while to dry! I didn't notice this until I just used it the other day after applying two coats, it was still wet. It also takes a couple of tries to remove the mascara, I use Olay facial cloths, which I love and they usually take most of my mascara off, the regular kind at least, and then I follow with a little eye makeup remover, using Nivea currently but since I'm not 100% happy I'll be switching as soon as its done. Maybe it's my eyemake up remover but it takes me SEVERAL tries to remove this mascara, especially if I forget to the night before and go to sleep with this stuff on.

Other than that it's a pretty good mascara for $6. If you want volume and have a good makeup remover than definitely try it. I hate that most volumizing mascaras take a whole regimn to remove when you're going to sleep, anyone know of a good volume mascara that can be removed with one or two swipes?

on 6/18/2006 8:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

By far the best drugstore mascara ever.It does not flake or smudge,easy to remove,i love the volume and lenght it gives to my lashes.It is so cheap and easy to get.I actually prefer this to many high end mascaras.A+