Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.5

on 7/23/2007 8:19:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have been trying so many mascaras but none of them would make my eyelashes long and separated until i bought this mascara! I love it, also like the WP one

on 7/18/2007 2:41:00 PM

VERY clumpy and unnatural-looking... I definitely got that spider-eye appearance with this! It makes your lashes really stiff and then flakes off. Plus it dried out really fast and started to smell chemical-y. I won't buy this again; I'm sticking to Full 'n Soft. And did I mention how hard it is to remove?

on 7/3/2007 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Pros: This mascara makes my lashes look AMAZING!! The brush is fabulous. My lashes are super thick and noticeable.

Cons: I wind up with lots of black ash on my already dark circles. I don't need help with those being dark, thank you much. I don't know why it flakes so badly, but it does. Hard to wash off. I have to use a brush after I apply it or I have spider lashes.

I still use it for short photo shoots or anything where I only need to look good for an hour or so, but for all day wear this is a no go.

on 6/18/2007 8:04:00 PM

i'm on my second tube (the black packing , not the blue). its not tacky, it is relatively clump-less on me, and it makes my eyelashes look really pretty, it does give volume and some lenght. i really like the formula. lately i've used THIS mascara more than my CD show, stila's mircofibers or bourjois.

I was so distraught when I found out my favorite mascara, Dior's Maximeyes was discontinued. I tried this because it had alot of moisturizing ingredients without alcohol (CG's Volume Exact did) so that my lashes wouldn't get dry and brittle. This applies too heavily for me and makes my lashes too gunky. Moving on to Full 'n Soft.

on 6/10/2007 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pffft. Turbo? Whatever. Just a typical drugstore mascara - basic for everyday. No volume, no length, no curl. The wand isn't great. The pluses? No stinging and relatively cheap. (Why do I not *check* the darn reviews first?!)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This mascara is supposed to volumize lashes 7X. It is just an okay mascara. I have the Very Black which is very nice and dark. The mascara doesn't separate lashes very well and leaves them somewhat clumpy. Doubt I would repurchase.

on 4/23/2007 4:01:00 AM

I used this mascara in black for a couple of years, and really like how it plumps up & lengthens my rather short lashes. But it smudges horribly on my oily lids in the humid tropical weather here. I've stopped using this after I discovered Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof mascara - it's MUCH more smudge-proof and although it doesn't give as much volume, I'd rather have not-so-full lashes at a similar price & no panda eyes. Max Factor isn't available in my country, but I was recommended Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Glamour by a friend, and have started using that. Now *that* is a smudge-proof mascara that also lengthens, volumises and holds a curl!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mascara is able to hold curls and lengthen a bit. It definitely does not smudge at all. It's doesn't clump and is so very cheap ($5-7 CDN). I don't know why there are so many bad reviews here because I frankly find mine to be very good.

on 1/18/2007 12:41:00 PM

What a disappointing product. Neither lengthens nor volumizes. It just sort of slightly darkens my short, sparse lashes. Tube is rather chunky. I got the one with the curved brush and that doesnt seem to do anything at all. Blech.