Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.5

on 11/16/2007 9:45:00 PM

give lashes lots of volume. very waterproff...will not smudge...but clumps easily.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Wow, I never liked Maybeline and this just seals the deal. I thought the reviews were too good to be true and they were. I should have just bought my Lash Perfection . This mascara willl give you clumps and that's all.

on 11/3/2007 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is my HG mascara!!! I bought this in the 7x, so results may vary with the 3x and 5x. But yes, these make my lashes look longer and thicker. It's a bit on the clumpy side, but how could I complain when every time I've used something like lash exact (CG), they just don't give volume or length? Anyway, this works really well, with one stroke too! Dries fast, so I have time to curl again and it doesn't flake or smudge! The price is 7CAD, which is not so bad for these results though the tube is very thick and bulky looking. Why, I have no idea...

on 10/28/2007 9:13:00 PM

I love this mascara! It adds a lot of volume and even adds a little length. but the best part is that is makes a perfect curl so you dont even need an eyelash curler :]

on 10/26/2007 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Awesome, awesome stuff. I have dark lashes that are practically straight and like to be stubborn, meaning that they give most mascaras a run for the money. Plus, I don't like a natural look- I want to SEE my lashes, dammit. That's why I use the stuff in the first place. This is the only mascara I've repurchased faithfully, because every time I stray from it I wonder why. This baby does it all: adds volume, length, separates, holds curl, lasts all day and doesn't smudge or flake into my contact lenses, even when I apply to my bottom lashes. (Very Black is also a true dark black, not grey like Lancome mascaras are.) I can also apply 3 or even 4 coats without ending up with three wonky lashes on each eye or having to comb it forever (in fact, I almost never comb it). So, for me VETBwp is perfection in a tube and I'll keep buying it as long as they make it. It *does* take a little more effort to remove since it's WP, but I use a good bi-phase or oil-based remover and let it soak in so I'm not pulling on my lashes and I haven't noticed any breakage or loss in the last couple of years of using this.

on 10/23/2007 12:19:00 PM

Out of all the mascaras I've used (see all my reviews), I've found this mascara to give me the volume and length I needed. I've used the regular Volume Express before but this tops it...it's probably the added "Turbo Boost". It also helped to use Mavala's Double Lash solution to increase eyelash growth (I had some...bald spots, ahem). Anyway, the only bad thing I can think of this mascara is that it is such a pain to remove. I have short, thin eyelashes and this works pretty well. Even my coworker noticed for the FIRST time yesterday how dramatic my eyelashes looked compared to usual...I even had my glasses on and she could tell! I also applied this to my lower lashes and it hasn't smudged so far (5 hours now). Yesterday it smudged a little only because I applied some oily white shimmery pencil under my eyes. So keep your area dry to avoid smudging. It holds my curls well and doesn't weigh my poor weak eyelashes down. This is why I don't use L'Oreal Voluminous mascara because it weighed my eyelashes down. It seems to be popular but I don't recommend L'Oreal's mascara to girls who have thin eyelashes.

I'm giving it a 4 because my search continues for the BEST...

Planning to try:
KANEBO Silk Performance Volume Curl Mascara 38C
Kiss-Cosmetics Glamorous Volume mascara
Shiseido Majolica Lash Expander NEO-Chap XVI

on 9/24/2007 7:08:00 PM

This is my hg. mascara. holds curls, gives unbelievable voulm. gahh i'm in love ;)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Super thick, super long lashes and no clumps or flaking...and under $10??? I thought I was dreaming. The brush is great too; it distributes the perfect amount of mascara evenly and you don't have to work so hard to build thick lashes because the brush is a generously sized one. It also leaves lashes soft to the touch. And at the end of the day when I'm taking it off, my lashes don't fall out or break off. This really creates a beautiful fringe of lashes. Recommend this to anyone and will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have the non-waterpoof version, and while it may be a bit more hard to remove than other washable mascaras - I find this to be the perfect, happy medium for me. A little extra cleanser and washing will gently remove this but it does not budge or smear during the day.

For my short, straight Asian eyelashes, this actually does slightly lengthen as well as delivery some gorgeous volume without too much clumping. The large brush is a bit of a bother for me but gets the lashes on both the edges of my eye nicely. Additionally, the formula is wet enough that waiting a bit after application and running a lash comb through leaves me with perfect lashes.

Highly recommended for the price. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I cannot believe how much I LOVE this mascara! I know that it has gotten a lot of bad reviews, but the curved brush made my lashes full and lush, even more than my tried and true Loreal Voluminous and Lashout! I used to use only highend mascaras until I discovered Loreal (who owns Lancome) but now I am smitten with this one. I give it a 5 because it really makes my thin eyelashes thicker and fuller! Try this one out before passing it up, you might be pleasantly surprised like me!