Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

this was somewhere around $7 CDN. This had the potential of being the best mascara i've tried. The regular version is good, but I like the wp better. No clumps or flakes, but weighs down my lashes when i apply more than 2 coats. This is not for you if you want soft, natural lashes. it lasted approx 4-5 months. Unfortunately, i get raccoon eyes and lose my curl even when the weather is slightly humid. Will not repurchase unless i can't find something better

A rather average mascara; didn't see the "7X" volume boosting either. It does volumize rather than lengthen, as it says, and does a pretty good job, just not completely outstanding. Doesn't seem to flake, but I have noticed that this will smudge on your lower lash line towards the end of the day, especially if the skin around your eyes tends to get a bit oily. Seems to clump up a bit during application; I actually had to get out the lash comb for the first time in years when putting this on today. It's not so bad when you first get it, but after only having it a week, it is already drying out in the tube. Won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favourite mascara! It does everything!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

It doesn't do anything to my lashes. When I put it on it's like it gets just slightly, slightly thicker. After three coats (!!!) I still had average-looking lashes. This was completely disappointing. I still have it three lippies, however, because it does work for a quick and easy to use everyday/day-use mascara AND it doesn't smudge after a whole 10-hour stressful work day.

on 1/29/2008 6:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was very impressed with the volume and lengthening achieved with this mascara...I already have naturally long lashes although I'd love if they were thicker. It also washes off quite easily inspite of being waterproof. I love the curved brush as well. The only downside is that it flakes off a little after a while. Will repurchase if I don't find a better alternative in the same price range.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great d/s find mascara! I used to use this when I was in high school. This mascara will hold a curl and it won't smudge or budge. The only complaint is that it flakes and it does dry out my lashes and I noticed my lashes falling out even if I use Shiseido's base. I will use this if nothing else is available but now that I'm more educated in mascara ingredients I prefer not to use cheap ones that will damage my lashes.

on 12/20/2007 2:48:00 PM

hrmm. It didn't do anything for my already long lashes. No thickness. Doesn't compare to Voluminous or Diorshow. Got NO umph out of it.

on 12/9/2007 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This mascara so far has been one of the best I've ever used, and I LOOOOVVVEEEE drug store makeup...so I've tried alot. It didn't really make my eyelashes super volumized but it did enough for a noticable difference, and the length was AMAZING. I've always been the kind of person to go for volume over length but since this one had both it was win win. With a semithick line of eyeliner, my eyelashes were on there way to looking fake. After I heated my eyelash curler with my blow dryer (best way to get the curl to set) and curled them, my eyelashes were beautiful. It was a little bit clumpy (but not compared to most mascaras) and the brush was a little bit hard to wield due to its large size and it kept getting on my eyelids while applying. I'm used to putting on mascara, so it's not like I'm inexperienced...it just might be a difficult mascara to put on in a rush. Those are the only reasons it got 4 stars instead of 5. Definitely recommend it to a friend...in fact I recommended it to my mom and she had already bought some and loved it:)

on 12/3/2007 3:27:00 PM

I'd heard raves and recommendations about this product from others on ABB, so I thought I'd run out to try it. The product does an all right job in defining, lengthening and volumizing my lashes. I have puny stick-straight Asian lashes, so mascara is a must, even though I end up not wearing it most of the time. Overall, I would recommend this to others who are looking for their HG mascara and still need help in finding one.

I never tried this mascara before, although it seems to be the most well-known mascara in the Netherlands. There's just something weird about me not wanting to try products that are such a hype.. But yesterday I gave in and bought it, hoping for the most voluminous lashes I have ever had! What a disappointment. Not only did I have to re-apply it MANY times for a more-than-average-voluminous result, but the very worst part of this mascara I foud out yesterday evening when I was going to bed. I couldn't get it off!!! I just couldn't! There appeared to be a very sticky substance, which also got on the skin around my eyes and I wasn't able to remove it completely. I got very annoyed wth this, even more when I woke up this morning and it was still there (making me look like being punched on my eyes), taking a shower and it was still there!! So I really am not pleased by the extremely resisting formula of this mascara. By the way, I'm talking about the NON-waterproof version here!