Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.5

Its my favorite waterproof Mascara. I wear it when I'm going out for the night (or on a hot, sunny day) and need something that isn't going to smear from sweat/oils.

That said, it is not as nice as Maybelline Colossal. It clumps pretty easily and dries out (flakes) with more than one layer. Not my everyday mascara, but I always have one just in case.

on 4/7/2009 3:59:00 PM

I love this mascara. It goes on smoothly, thickens, lengthens, and darkens. It doesn't smudge but comes off somewhat easily with eye makeup remover. The brush is really nice, because it has two sides. The thin side is for separating lashes and the flat side is used for thickening and lengthening.

on 2/2/2009 11:47:00 AM

I tried most of the Maybelline mascaras and this is definitely one of my favorite ones! It not only curls but adds volume to my eye lashes. Since my eyes are smaller, so it really makes my eyes look bigger. You have to try it yourself in order to see the effects. =)

on 1/29/2009 9:35:00 AM

This mascara does everything for me! It lengthens, volumizes, darkens, AND holds a perfect curl. I love it.

Edit: I took off a lippie because after a couple of months, it gets dry and clumpy.

on 1/25/2009 2:24:00 PM

its a good mascara..not great..it clumps a little..but really good at volumizing the lashes..very similar to loreal voluminous.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I usually use Maybelline Volum Express Waterproof, but I saw this one at the drugstore last time and had to try it out. This Volum Express Turbo Waterproof gives more volume than the Volum Express Waterproof, but it also smudges more. I always use waterproof mascara, and so far all the ones I tried seem to smudge on my lower lash. Volum Express Waterproof seems to smudge the least, but it still smudges. So my mascara hunt continues. I may buy this mascara again, but there's no guarantee since there's so many choices out there.

on 12/21/2008 11:09:00 PM

If you have straight Asian eyelash then this product is definitely for you! I have tried all kind of high end brands to the drugstore one and no mascara can beat this one. I use Shiseido eyelash curler then apply it, and it holds the curl all day. No lengthen or fancy volumn, but it doesnt bother me since I have long lash. I love the curl because it makes my eyes look bigger. Just wish the color is more intense, even the blackest black is still not dark enough. However for $7 (and they often have buy 1 get second 50% in ulta), I give it a full 5 and will keep repurchase it.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this mascara for years. It's the one mascara I always come back to. Either this one or Full 'N Soft. It lengthens, adds volume, and really holds the curl. Never fails to really open up my peepers! The only annoying thing about this mascara is that it can sometimes give me panda eyes - not all the time though. Which is the reason why I took a lippy off.

I am so disappointed by this mascara. In the first few days it isn't so bad but after that it is pretty awful. VERY clumpy and I find myself having to use my fingers to pick them out. It doesn't even put a bunch of mascara on your eyelashes; they look comparable to how they were beffore I applied the product! Overall, not a good buy.

on 10/11/2008 1:36:00 AM

This product is all right. It gives you a somewhat dramatic look - with the amount of mascara coating on the lashes giving the lashes a rich black colour. It doesn't volumize much though.