Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.5

isodecane, microcrystalline wax, c8-9 isoparaffin, beeswax, disteardimonium hectorite, carnauba wax, water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, rice starch, polyvinyl laurate, sodium polymethacrylate, propylparaben, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, hydrogenated jojoba oil, polyquaternium-10, silica, panthenol, calcium sodium borosilicate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, butylparaben (± may contain ci 77492, 77491, 77499/iron oxides, ci 77891/titanium dioxide, ci 75470/carmine, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, mica, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide).

This is my go to mascara... something I always come back to.. this is the same formula as the new falsies mascara, only difference is the wand.

on 4/30/2011 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

My favorite mascara at the moment. I find it works best to put on several thin coats and let it dry a little in between. Lengthening and volumizing. I don't find it too difficult to remove. I use the Neutrogena Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover.

This was the FIRST mascara I ever used. I thought it would make my lashes super thick like the name implies. Lush lashes, check. Length, not so much.

on 2/20/2011 4:03:00 AM

This is the mascara I always come back to. For some reason the waterproof one is great and regular one does not compare. This does a great job at adding volume and holding the curl. So far no other mascara has compared. Wish the non waterproof worked as good.

on 10/24/2010 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

For me, this mascara is perfection. It holds a curl like a champ, doesn't smudge, easy to remove for a waterproof formula, and the brush is a real brush not one of those crappy new rubber bristle brushes. What I also love about the brush is that its bristles are tangle-y enough to grab my lashes and give them oomph and volume, yet the entire construct of it is narrow enough that I'm not constantly, accidentally smudging any mascara onto my contacts when I apply. That usually happens with the fat brushes I have used in the past (cosmetic companies like to drive home the "volumizing" quality of a mascara by packaging it with a giant, fat brush). The narrowness of the brush also allows me to really work the mascara onto my lashes and get at all of them. Thank you Maybelline for coming out with this mascara! The formula isn't too thick or heavy, it also isn't too wet or gloppy, luv! I have stick straight, stubborn, long lashes and after two coats I easily have pretty, dramatic lashes that are noticeable without being spider-tastic, crunchy, clumpy, or over the top. An elegant mascara, my HG.

on 7/26/2010 4:35:00 PM

for me this was a mediocre mascara. i didn't real build that much volume, but it didn't lose my curl either. it did clump my lashes together quite a bit though which is why i only gave it a 3. i'll finish off this tube but after that i'll be sticking with my maybelline lash stiletto.

on 7/26/2010 5:20:00 AM

He usado esta mascara desde que salio y es una de las mejores del mercado, no entiendo el porque de las malas reviews, bueno tal vez si, hay dias en que las pestañas no hacen lo que tu quieres (como el cabello), pero defnitivamente a todas mis amigas que les he ahorrado 100's de dolares convirtiendolas a esta mascara, me lo han agradecido infinitamente....
No se corre, no se hace flaky, las pestañas duran todo el dia rizadas y se quita con un buen removedor de maquillaje contra agua.
ES UNA MARAVILLA...!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Ugh. I think Maybelline mascaras just do not work for me. This was my first ever mascara and I totally hated it. It clumped my lashes and oh my my eyelashes were so stiff! I'm still searching for my HG mascara...

on 2/24/2010 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am starting month 3 of using this particular product. I change mascaras every 3 months like you are supposed to, so this tube is nearing the end of its life. Let me first say that I never intentionally buy waterproof versions of mascaras - I got his mascara by mistake. I find that for me, waterproof mascaras don't work as well to volumize as well as the non-waterproof counterparts, and I also hate the extra work it takes to remove waterproof ones. I should also preface this by saying that I always do use my HG Shiseido the Makeup Mascara Base before any mascara, which always improve a mascara's performance. OK, now that disclaimers are out of the way, I'd have to say this isn't a bad mascara. I find that it lengthens pretty well, and as a waterproof mascara, really does stay in place. Unfortunately, the feature that it touts is volume, and it doesn't really do that very well. I find my lashes are thin and spidery, but I do get the length. So I'd say this is worth a try if you already have volume and looking for a waterproof mascara that provides length. One oither negative is that I do find that it does tend to clump a bit, which can be a hassle for some people. For me, it isn't such a big deal, since I just comb out my lashes and it's fine. A decent performer for the price, but I do not intend to repurchase.

on 2/6/2010 5:16:00 AM

i like to change my mascara often n usually look for dermatologically tested ones well i was using revlon 3D and couldnot find one so bought this althought not a big fan i have combination skin with oily eye lids so this mascara smudges as the day progress and being waterproof i have a very hardtime taking it out at night well voulme wise it is ok but would like to try another next time