Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.5

I'm halfway through my second bottle of this mascara, and I think so far it's one of my favourites.
It takes a bit of practice to make sure that lashes don't clump together, but this mascara does a great job of separating, defining and lengthening lashes. I don't think it helps with volume that much, but this mascara definitely lengthens my lashes. I use this in black, and I usually do 2-3 coats, so I can get either a natural or a dramatic look from this.
My only complaint is that although it is waterproof, it does give me racoon eyes sometimes...but I also blame that on the dry weather here, making my contact-wearing eyes very dry throughout the day, and making me blink all the time. The consistency of this mascara is perfect; when you first open the bottle it's a little more watery than other mascaras but that ensures that later on, it won't dry out as much as other mascars do.
Overall, this is a pretty good drugstore mascara. I don't usually buy a specific product more than once (I like to try many different products) so using this twice says a lot about this mascara! Will definitely buy again. continued >>

on 4/8/2006 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The store was out of my regular Volume Express, so I bought this Turbo version and am not impressed. It doesn't apply easily, I have to rub it over my lashes several times in order to get it to start taking to them. It feels dry once it on, applies unevenly and clumps and flakes pretty bad. Can't even finish the tube.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Wowwwww, this is such an awesome mascara. My lashes looked so long and like falsies after I applied about 3 coats of this. AMAZING. I need to buy more of this!!!!

on 12/27/2005 1:43:00 PM

i was expecting for this to be a pretty good mascara, as i tried the waterproof version and loved it, but it was a piece of shit. i curl my eyelashes before i apply mascara, and it completely destoyed the curl..there was nooo volume at all..and it was very hard to coat the lashes..and didnt dry yet (half an hour later...). in conclusion, this mascara is comparable to maybelline's other piece of crap, great lash, and should be avoided. i dont know why i just didnt stick to covergirl's super thick lash...2000x better.

on 12/12/2005 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great product for the price. I expected to see clumps of mascara on the wand when I pulled it out for the first time, but there weren't any. I can't say I had any problems with running and/or smudging after wearing it for over 8 hours. It plumped up my lashes quite well and I will definately buy this product again. Maybelline mascaras are usually just as good, if not better than anything I've bought at the department store counters & online at Sephora.com.

on 10/4/2005 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

this is the best product i've tried. it does the job of the $20.00 and $30.00 mascaras without the high cost. i get large lush lashes that don't look like i only have three eyelashes because some mascaras separate too much. The best and i will never try another.

on 10/3/2005 5:53:00 PM

This mascara is nothing like the original version "Volum Express." Turbo, yeah right! Instead of giving my lashes volume it gives them dryness and clumps. I much prefer the older version to this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

One of the only mascaras I've repurchased and the only one I use regularly. I like drama and I have black lashes already, so when I use mascara I don't want a 'natural' look; what's the point? This stuff is simply great. I get length, volume and curl in just one coat; two for major oomph. This doesn't clump, smudge, flake, run, smear, irritate, dry my lashes or pull out my curl - none of the Deadly Sins of Mascara. It also isn't as difficult to remove as some wp mascaras I've tried and Very Black is indeed black, not greyish-black. Mascara is a very individual YMMV kind of thing, but this one does it all for me.

on 3/28/2005 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Mediocre. Selected WnW and NYC mascaras are better in my opinion. Formula is dry, it doesn't go on well, weighs the lashes down and doesn't build up volume. Tends to create spidery lashes. Hard to wash off.

on 3/25/2005 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This girl I used to work with has the most fabulous lashes and I always wondered what mascara she used.. One day, we were hanging out and she whipped this mascara out of her purse! From that day on, I told myself I would HAVE TO try this mascara.. I bought it the other day and WOW it does everything it claims to do and more! I am so surprised because it gives me FAT, THICK, FULL lashes!! It's so crazy!! First, I use my Shu curler and then apply 2 coats of this mascara, more if you are going out to a club or something.. It's a really neat gel formula too so it doesn't clump much. I use an old mascara wand after each coat to separate my lashes.. I normally have lashes that are there but not THERE! This really opened up my eyes and gave me a huge lash lift!! Awesome! The packaging is cute because it's a fat tube and I don't carry it in my purse, so it doesn't take up any room in it.. It washes off well with DHC Cleansing Oil too! I will rebuy this when I run out!!