Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.2

on 3/23/2005 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh! With a name like Volum Express Turbo I would have expected a mascara that gave me a false eyelash efffect. This did no such thing. I already have semi-long lashes but need love the super lush look. Not only did this mascara fail to deliver in the thickening department but it flaked and smeared, too. Not work the $3.89 I spent on it...it is going in the garbage!

I've had nothing but problems with this mascara. When I first got it, the stink was unbearable. And when I applied it, there was no volume, no thickness, no nothing. Just really stiff lashes. The next day, I applied, and within minutes, I had huge, unremovable very black smudges on my upper and lower lids - and I bought the waterproof version too!. Also, it's soooo difficult to remove (even with oil-based eye makeup remover). I will definitely NOT buy this mascara again. =(

on 2/9/2005 11:11:00 PM

this mascara is very long to dry and makes clumpy lashes when new. Doesn't lenghten, doesn't volumize enough. I prefer Voluminous or Intensific from l'oreal. Ideal for someone looking for a 60's Twiggy look.

EDIT:It'S 2 weeks I use it, and the more I use it the more I like it!
EDIT : I really love it! perfect when it snows, it stays so well. It lenghtens more than volumizes.

on 1/30/2005 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is an ok mascara, but really, all the turbo and 5x the lashes mess is definitely not true. Minimal thickening and lengthening, I might as well buy a WnW mascara. I was disappointed. I'm going to finish the tube and then return to Loreal Voluminous.

on 1/28/2005 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Crap! This smudges more than a non-waterproof mascara. Doesn't do much of anything except smudge. Very dissappointing product.

on 1/17/2005 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It may be waterproof, but it smudges by the end of the day. It does hold curl well and it's easy to remove. In fact it pretty much wears off itself during the day. I don't have to use any eye make-up remover. I was looking for a mascara that didn't smudge and this wasn't it.

on 1/10/2005 5:02:00 AM

Wasnt impressed by this product...didnt do any more for my lashes than the standard volume express mascara. Would not repurchase.

on 1/2/2005 6:37:00 PM

i had to put on like twenty coats to get my lashes any thicker and fuller!! and even after that, i wasn't satisfied with what I was left with. such a disappointment. moving onto a different mascara..

on 12/12/2004 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

To be honest--if you are looking for voluminous mascara, you better go some where. For some reason, this "volume" express tubo reminds more illegal length. It separates lash and lengthen beautifully.. doesn't smudge,apply easily and taken off easily. But I wight still go looking somewhere for a better masacara.

on 11/28/2004 9:11:00 PM

I tried Volum express and it was trash. It clumped, (something the packaging stated wouldn't happen)Because the formula is so thick and clumpy it weighed down my lashes making it impossible for them to have volume.I wish i had read up on this before purchase.