Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by age: 25-29
Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.2

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like the XXL better. With this one, I have to wear the Sky High Curves first, then the Volume Express, then Sky High again to make my lashes look good..I wouldn't buy it again.

on 6/18/2006 8:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

By far the best drugstore mascara ever.It does not flake or smudge,easy to remove,i love the volume and lenght it gives to my lashes.It is so cheap and easy to get.I actually prefer this to many high end mascaras.A+

on 4/17/2006 2:44:00 PM

I got this on sale at Walgreens for $3.99. It didn't add much volume and it fails to hold a curl, as it makes my eyelashes feel gummy. It did an okay job of lengthening, after I used an eyelash comb. (It clumped my lashes together).
Will not buy again, though. I bought it because I did like Maybelline's Lash Exact Waterproof with the tiny brush. I was hoping for more volume and length, but was dissapointed with gummy lashes all day :(

on 4/8/2006 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The store was out of my regular Volume Express, so I bought this Turbo version and am not impressed. It doesn't apply easily, I have to rub it over my lashes several times in order to get it to start taking to them. It feels dry once it on, applies unevenly and clumps and flakes pretty bad. Can't even finish the tube.

on 3/23/2006 5:45:00 PM

I might be in the minority, but I actually prefer regular old Volum Express (blue tube) to Volum Express Turbo (black tube). I've gone through several tubes of each. I don't notice much of a difference, except that the Turbo has a slightly thicker formula, and consequently adds a tad bit more volume than its counterpart, but it also seems to clump more and dry up quickly. Otherwise, they're nearly identical, at least to me. Great mascara, and around $5-6 it's a fabulous deal, but I'm rating this 4 lippies when I rated regular Volum Express at 5.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Wowwwww, this is such an awesome mascara. My lashes looked so long and like falsies after I applied about 3 coats of this. AMAZING. I need to buy more of this!!!!

on 1/22/2006 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! this stuff really does give my lashes absolute volume and my lashes are very thin and short. i actually do believe that this does give more volume than the regular Volum Express and i have been using that one for years. i do believe this can clump a little bit (nothing a good lash comb couldn't tae care of) which is why i like to use Lash Discovery first as a base and then layer this over it. the best part is that it has never flaked or smudged on me.

on 12/3/2005 1:11:00 PM

The first time I used this - i LOVED it. As promised it gives your lashes volume and even lengthens the lashes. AND holds the curl. That made me a very happy girl...until it started to smudge after just a couple of hours!!!! Panda eyes galore. Sigh...maybe that only happens in hot and humid weather like here in Malaysia. But still I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Yuck-- I tried this particular mascara and was really disappointed. It clumped it smelled and i couldn't wash it off easily. Looks like it's back to the mascara drawing board once again.

I picked this up because I was out of Lash Discovery and wanted a mascara that was quick to apply but still added volume and definition to my lashes. Volum Express Turbo has proven very effective and quick, and I now use it every day. It adds volume and strong color, like I wanted, but it doesn't lengthen dramatically. However, I have naturally long lashes, so this isn't much of a problem. The only quibble I have with this mascara is that it's slightly dry, and I'm sure I'll have to buy a new tube soon. But it doesn't flake or smudge, so maybe the dryness prevents those nuisances. I'd recommend this mascara to anybody who wants dramatic lashes in a hurry.