Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Filtered by age: 25-29
Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.2

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Wow, I never liked Maybeline and this just seals the deal. I thought the reviews were too good to be true and they were. I should have just bought my Lash Perfection . This mascara willl give you clumps and that's all.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I'd been searching for a more dramatic, volumizing mascara, and I really wanted to like this one. Unfortunately, this did nothing but clump, and definitely didnt give me the volume that I was looking for.
If I wiped the wand off before applying, and used a few coats, combing my lashes with a comb between each coat...then my lashes would look good, but I don't want to work that hard for decent lashes. I'll stick with Full and Soft.

on 10/23/2007 12:19:00 PM

Out of all the mascaras I've used (see all my reviews), I've found this mascara to give me the volume and length I needed. I've used the regular Volume Express before but this tops it...it's probably the added "Turbo Boost". It also helped to use Mavala's Double Lash solution to increase eyelash growth (I had some...bald spots, ahem). Anyway, the only bad thing I can think of this mascara is that it is such a pain to remove. I have short, thin eyelashes and this works pretty well. Even my coworker noticed for the FIRST time yesterday how dramatic my eyelashes looked compared to usual...I even had my glasses on and she could tell! I also applied this to my lower lashes and it hasn't smudged so far (5 hours now). Yesterday it smudged a little only because I applied some oily white shimmery pencil under my eyes. So keep your area dry to avoid smudging. It holds my curls well and doesn't weigh my poor weak eyelashes down. This is why I don't use L'Oreal Voluminous mascara because it weighed my eyelashes down. It seems to be popular but I don't recommend L'Oreal's mascara to girls who have thin eyelashes.

I'm giving it a 4 because my search continues for the BEST...

Planning to try:
KANEBO Silk Performance Volume Curl Mascara 38C
Kiss-Cosmetics Glamorous Volume mascara
Shiseido Majolica Lash Expander NEO-Chap XVI

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Super thick, super long lashes and no clumps or flaking...and under $10??? I thought I was dreaming. The brush is great too; it distributes the perfect amount of mascara evenly and you don't have to work so hard to build thick lashes because the brush is a generously sized one. It also leaves lashes soft to the touch. And at the end of the day when I'm taking it off, my lashes don't fall out or break off. This really creates a beautiful fringe of lashes. Recommend this to anyone and will definitely repurchase.

I am very very impressed with this mascara, and I have tried tonnes, and have spent so much money. My lashes are typical asian, fine, short, and straight. I've always had the problem with my lashes going straight after curling them, as well as not enough volume with mascaras. This mascara not only gives a lot of volume and length but its awesome at holding the curl. Plus it doesnt smudge. It lasts a long time. Bonus: Its cheap!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Update 12/09/2007: Unfortunately I have to drop all the lippies from my original review now. I've been alternating between this and the Maybelline Unstoppable mascara in a bid to finish them as quickly as I can. Its taken me a while to cotton on to the fact that these 2 mascaras are causing my lashes to falI out when i remove them in the evening! And I have never had a problem with my lashes dropping off together with the makeup remover - I doubt its the remover's fault since I go over my entire face with it to remove sunscreen, even from the eye area, and no lashes come off when I'm not using either of the 2 Maybelline mascaras. While I've never had this problem with previous maybelline mascaras, for the sake of my lashes which are few enough as it is, I will never, ever use any mascaras from Maybelline again, even if I got them for free.************ This is great! I've been wanting to test mascaras with a comb wand - and had already shortlisted the Bourjois Yes to Volume No to Clumps, as well as Maybelline's Lash Stylist. However I saw this on sale for just a little over S$10 yesterday, and got a tube of the waterproof version to try since most mascaras smudge on me (i don't use eyelash curlers so the corners of my upper lashes end up touching my undereye area.) To my surprise, this mascara gave me long, separated lashes, and even lifted it up! I didn't get much volume, but my lashes were miiiiiles long. and very defined as well. I actually looked as though I did tightlining, and my hubby woke up from a nap and said - "your eyes sparkle so beautifully." How's that from a guy who never notices whether I have mascara on or not! The best thing is, it didn't budge or smudge even after a whole day of sweating and walking around, running errands in the rain, etc. But it came off easily with my avalon organics cleansing milk. I'm definitely picking up more tubes to stash before the sale ends. HG!.

on 8/13/2007 1:20:00 AM

Love it! Thicker longer fuller blacker lashes. Awesome! The best drugstore mascara for sure

I bought a tube of this mascara based on the advice of a wonderful MUAer. I was looking for a mascara that gave my lashes some volume without making my lashes look like tarantula legs. I have longish lashes, so I really didn't need any extra lenght. So, yesterday I went to my local Wal-Mart and got a tube of this, I almost exchanged it for that other Maybelline mascara that comes with a comb, because Adriana Lima, the model who was wearing it, looked gorgeous. But thankfully, I didn't, because this turned out to be the best mascara that I've ever used. Today, when I was doing my makeup, I just couldn't stop staring at my lashes! this mascara gives amazing volume, and it also lifts your lashes a little, which makes lashes look a bit longer, and the eyes look open and more awake. I got the WP version because most Maybelline non WP mascaras (and some WP) smudge on me, but this one doesn't!!! I even cleaned the house, and since I was sweaty I spashed my face with water, and neither water nor sweat made this mascara smudge!!! And I only needed 1 coat to get great volume, maybe I'll do 2 coats for a night out or something, but I might not need it. Normally with other mascaras I have to do 2-3 coats for day and 3-5 for more intensity. This is the first mascaras I ever give 5 lippies to, and I've tried many mascaras, some I hated (Great Lash) some I didn't care for (Sky High Curves) some I liked ( Max Factor Lash Lift) but none like this one. I'm not crazy about the packaging, I prefer long, slender tubes, and this one's rather short and fat but the formula is so good, that I don't mind. So, will I repurchase? Of course, and I will also try the other Volume Express formulas.

on 7/3/2007 3:29:00 PM

I wasn't wowwed by this product in any way, shape, or form. It's ok for everyday wear, but it's not dramatic enough for me. I like my mascara to be deep black, thick, and sexy. This is too blah and boring. I'm tossing it. There are better drug store mascaras out there.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This mascara is supposed to volumize lashes 7X. It is just an okay mascara. I have the Very Black which is very nice and dark. The mascara doesn't separate lashes very well and leaves them somewhat clumpy. Doubt I would repurchase.