Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.2

on 3/1/2008 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Just another mascara.

I love dramatic lashes, so I'm always trying different mascaras. Volum'Express Turbo is an unexceptional, everyday mascara. I didn't find it better than any other wearable mascaras I have tried. The one thing that stands out for me is that it leaves my lashes nice and soft and suple, unlike a lot of other lash products.

I will continue to wear this until it runs out, but I won't bother buying it again.

on 2/19/2008 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I have been using this mascara on and off for a few years now. Everytime I see a commericial for some new awsome mascara I run out and buy, just to end up dissappointed. I have short sparse lashes and this has given me the best consistent results. I am also a contact lens wearer so finding a good mascara is a must. I apply about two to three coats depending on my mood and get great volume and noticeable length. It's enough for my bf to notice a difference which when it comes to make-up he usually doesn't. I will admit that I know it is time to get a new bottle because it gets a bit clumpy and dry, but nothing a lash comb can't help with. For the price I have yet to find anything better! Def worth a shot.

on 2/18/2008 7:10:00 PM

This product sucks! Good thing wal-mart is good about makeup returns. This stuff went back to the store for sure. I thought that because it was waterprood it would not flake off, smudge or anything. By the end of the day I had some black mascara marks under my eyes. It didn't do anything at all for my lashes. It didn't add volume or make them look longer. This was a dissapointment! Not recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Almost as good as xxl intense jus bit less separation. but easy application.

and average for lenght lift curl.
good volume.

good one for everday use.

my second best after xxl intensive

but not as brill as i thought after ive experienced other mascaras. very average in every way. wouldnt buy again. any one tell me is it possible to get full and soft mascara from uk? anywhere? ive seen good reviews for it but cannot find any in uk stores.??

on 1/30/2008 2:34:00 PM

I like this mascara in "very black". I find it does tend to clump if I put more than 2 coats on, however.

on 1/17/2008 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this mascara. I had been looking for a mascara that doesn't clump, doesn't flake, and doesn't smudge, and doesn't make my lashes crispy/fragile feeling. I'm happy to say this is it, and it's fairly cheap, I think this was something like $5 and there was a $2 off coupon attached. One coat of this leaves a fairly natural look without huge amounts of volume, but on the plus side you don't have to worry about spider eyes at all. This is totally buildable though, so you can go back and apply more coats to get more volume. I don't normally repurchase mascara because I go through them slowly and like to try different ones, but I could totally see myself buying this again; it looks great, versatile/buildable, wears well, removes easily w cold cream or mu remover, and is cheap to boot. Nice stuff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great d/s find mascara! I used to use this when I was in high school. This mascara will hold a curl and it won't smudge or budge. The only complaint is that it flakes and it does dry out my lashes and I noticed my lashes falling out even if I use Shiseido's base. I will use this if nothing else is available but now that I'm more educated in mascara ingredients I prefer not to use cheap ones that will damage my lashes.

on 12/20/2007 2:48:00 PM

hrmm. It didn't do anything for my already long lashes. No thickness. Doesn't compare to Voluminous or Diorshow. Got NO umph out of it.

on 11/23/2007 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I will but this product over and over and over again....i have been buying it since it came out. I love it, i get black thick long lashes theat do not require makeup remover to take off.

I never tried this mascara before, although it seems to be the most well-known mascara in the Netherlands. There's just something weird about me not wanting to try products that are such a hype.. But yesterday I gave in and bought it, hoping for the most voluminous lashes I have ever had! What a disappointment. Not only did I have to re-apply it MANY times for a more-than-average-voluminous result, but the very worst part of this mascara I foud out yesterday evening when I was going to bed. I couldn't get it off!!! I just couldn't! There appeared to be a very sticky substance, which also got on the skin around my eyes and I wasn't able to remove it completely. I got very annoyed wth this, even more when I woke up this morning and it was still there (making me look like being punched on my eyes), taking a shower and it was still there!! So I really am not pleased by the extremely resisting formula of this mascara. By the way, I'm talking about the NON-waterproof version here!