Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline New York Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.2

on 8/1/2008 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Yet another waterproof mascara that isn't smudge-proof - what's the point in being able to go swimming in it if it doesn't stay on your lashes all day anyway? It's probably my fault for having oily skin and long curly lashes that touch my top and bottom lids though, and this mascara does give you big thick lashes without clumps. I think it would be great for someone who doesn't have too many problems with smudging who wants a cheap volumising waterproof mascara.

on 7/21/2008 7:51:00 AM

I had been looking for a mascara for everyday that will give me a natural look.
I have to say that I am a lucky girl and have natural long curled lashes so when it comes to mascara what I want is a mascara that volumes just a little,doesn't clump and separates them nicely.
This mascara does this thing exacly.
1)Separates well
2)Gives a little volume (not a drama lash queen)
3)Not clumps
4)Gives a nice move-gives the same volume at all the width of lashes
5)Doesnt smudge too much
6)It doesnt dry eyelashes

If you have medium-long lashes and looking for an everyday mascara that's it.
However my only complain is
1)It has a drugstore caracter:not careful selected scent,not really presented product if you like cute packaging in cosmetics like me :-)
2)Doesn't give a drama look if this is what you are looking for
3)Retails in Greece for 13.90~22.06$ which is quite expensive for a drugstore mascara in my opinion

For the lasts reasons I don't thing I would buy it again since its not a really outstanding product for me. I would go for it only just in case...Something happened...

on 7/21/2008 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

totally disappointing. i was looking for a mascara that would hold my curl like CRAZY and was rec'd this mascara in the waterproof version by a few posters on the Makeup Board. i mistakenly grabbed the regular version, and let me tell you i wish i had kept my receipt! this mascara is completely AVERAGE, and in the worst way possible. the black color is very nice and glossy and that's about where the positive aspects end. it hardly held my curl up halfway, didn't lengthen very much, didn't give volume, made my lashes look super, super thin and short like i only had about 10 of them to begin with (and i'm pretty sure i have atleast 15, LOL)! "Turbo Volum"??? i think not. if you already have long, thick, gorgeous eyelashes then i'm sure this mascara would work fine for you, it would slightly define and darken your lashes and you'd be satisfied, but if you actually want your mascara to perform, forget it. put this mascara right back in it's display and try my drugstore HG, Cover Girl Volume Exact mascara, or if you want to stick with Maybelline, their new Colossal Lashes mascara is pretty good. happy mascara hunting!

on 7/19/2008 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have short, uncurly lashes for reference. Much more worse than the volum express mascara.. It clumped my lashes, uncurled them after using eyelash curler, smudged everywhere. It gave me length but barely any volume. Will never buy again..

on 7/17/2008 4:46:00 PM

I am a fanatic devotee of Maybelline Lash Expansion, but though the website doesn't say so, it seems as if it's being discontinued. I rarely find it in any of the many many drugstores in NYC.
So I've spent hundreds of dollars testing all kinds of mascaras to replace it. My needs are: liquid formula for that glossy, black finish; WP; non-smudging; and the biggest need: holding curl.
Finally, I think I've found the DS mascara that does it all. When I workout tonight it will really get put to the test, but I know mascaras, and as soon as I put this on this morning, I knew Turbo Boost would be a worthy replacement for my beloved Lash Expansion.

on 6/1/2008 10:21:00 PM

I have extremely oily lids, so as you can imagine, alot of things smudges on me. this, is no exception, it smudges after 2 hours ( i tried it on with Urban decay eye potion, clarins water proof mascara coat, everything, it still smudges). but the good things are: first, it's not so hard to remove, even though it is water proof. secondly, the result is lengthening, voluminous, and even looked alittle dewy. so I'd recommend this mascara to anyone who doesn't have oily lids.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm on the fence with this one. I orginally purchased this when it was first introduced about 4 years ago. It did the job, but i was looking for more. Since then, I have gone through countless tubes from countless companies, so I decided to give this one a second go around. The wand used to be thicker(not as thick as Diorshow, but close). It's now really small (think MAC zoomlash). It gave me volume and length, but not as much as I thought because I was expecting "zoom" lashes. I'm not too sure if I will repurchase.

on 4/18/2008 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I Love this mascara. I have long eyelashes but they are sparse, so I wanted to add volume. This is the mascara you want to buy, in black. Offcourse, as with all mascaras, I have to put one layer on, wait a bit for it to dry, then another layer, until I have 2-3 coats. It almost looks like I have fake eyelashes on, at least those were the compliments? I got.

on 3/21/2008 7:53:00 PM

this is the best mascara i've tried from maybelline.....a friend recommended this to me so i gave it a try..........it adds lengths, define and volumize my lashes........and it keeps the curl for a long time.....but off course with chingy eyes liked me i still need to curl it every once in a while to keep the curl on.........but over all i think it's pretty good for the price that it is......although it is supposed to be a volumizing mascara.........but i found that i need to put multiple layers for it to build up volume.........that's the only drawback.........i know in hong kong they are having the same mascara in an ultra curling version.......so i'm waiting for that .........but i'm pretty happy with it now...........

very average mascara that definitely does NOT give your lashes "7x" the volume as advertised, but it doesn't flake, which is good. L'oreal Voluminous beats this hands down if volume is what you're looking for