Alba Botanica Very Emollient Bath & Shower Gel - Honey Mango

Alba Botanica Very Emollient Bath & Shower Gel - Honey Mango

4.6

Not tested on animals

Purified water, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoyl isethionate, vegetable glycerin, glyceryl stearate, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, certified organic sambucus nigra (elderberry) fruit, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower, melissa officinalis (lemon balm), centella asiatica (gotu kola) and chamomilla recutita (chamomile) flower extracts, citric acid, sodium chloride, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol and fragrance

on 11/6/2005 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this body wash - the smell is divine!!! I got the 32 oz. bottle at Whole Foods for $9.99, which makes it a bargain!

I love this stuff. As a reviewer noted, it does have a relative of SLS in it, which doesn't bother my skin, but I imagine if it bothers yours, you probably know it. I pay 12.99 at a local shop for 32 ounces, which really makes it cheaper than buying a lot of mainstream drugstore brands where you pay 5-7 dollars for 8-12 ounces. It leaves my skin soft.

on 8/4/2005 4:31:00 PM

Love this! It works pretty much the same as any other shower gel, but it smells amazing!

I am all about products that smell heavenly and this is one of them! It is a fresh, fruity smell that even lingers awhile after you shower. It isn't as sudsy as some bath gels, but I prefer the natural ingrdients as apposed to chemicals that create lather. I am definitely going to try the other scents when I am done with this one.

on 6/28/2005 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

i love this scent. i also like the pearberry. i have the large size which has a pump and it's nice and convenient. it feels good and it's sls free for those that this is really important to. the price is good. i got the big bottle on sale for $9.99 but i think it's only liek $12 regularly. as much as i still love bath & body works and other brands i feel this is the healthier buy for shower gel...will repurchase.

on 3/26/2005 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Love, love, love. The smell is great and moisturizing. When my cousin came to visit she tried it out and fell in-love. She went out and bought it before she went home.

on 4/9/2004 11:57:00 AM

When I read the reviews on MUA for this stuff, I could not wait to get my hands on it. I did research on the ingredients, called the company, and made sure that it did not have any Sodium Lauryl - Laureth - Myreth Sulfate in it.

When we received our first lot of it, we loved it. Very nice. No itching. Beautiful smell. Smooth. Nice lather.

However, the second purchase was a nightmare. ALBA BOTANICA has changed their ingredients to include SODIUM MYRETH SULFATE, which is far more irritating than SLS is! My family was in agony with the itching.

The reaction of the company to my anger at them for changing the ingredients without being honest about it (SMS is a direct relative of SLS and they make a big deal of saying no SLS in their products) was completely cold. They offered me 20% off to purchase more of this horrible new stuff.

Although I loved this before, we hate it now and would never purchase it again. Thankfully, I managed to get my hands on a gallon of the old formulation before it was all gone. When it is, unless that company changes back to the old formulation, we would not get this if they PAID US TO USE IT!!!

continued >>

on 3/19/2004 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The only downside to this product is that it cost me $8 for the bottle. It lathers nicely and smells great (although the scent doesn't linger at all) and is perfect for my sensitive skin. Lots of body washes and soaps make me itchy but this one doesn't cause that at all.

on 2/27/2004 8:08:00 PM

Nicely scented bodywash that makes lots of creamy non drying lather. The honey-mango scent is true but not sickly sweet or synthetic...perfect for a nice relaxing shower. Took off one lipstick for the fact that my skin does not smell like anything when i'm done showering...I like a bit of a lingering scent.

on 8/25/2003 12:19:00 AM

This body wash smells so great! It's a treat every time I shower. The smell isn't overpowering, just a wonderful wholesome sweet fuit kind of smell -- it's hard to desribe. It makes a nice lather with my bath gloves and leaves my feeling clean and smooth. I wish I could get coordinating lotion or body spray.

Popular Gels/Soaps