shu uemura Glow On Blush

shu uemura Glow On Blush
shu uemura glow on - m peach 41shu uemura glow on - p orange 53

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-2, Triisostearate, Sorbeth-4 Tetraoleate, Myristyl Myristate, Silica, Methicone, Methylparaben, Butylparaben [ /- May contain: Mica, Cl 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499 / Iron Oxides, Cl 77007 / Ultramarines, Cl 75470 / Carmine ]. Code F.I.L.: B27889/1.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I ADORE these blushes! The texture is soft and blends easily. These blushes are highly pigmented. The darker colors may go on heavy until one gets used to barely touching the brush to the blush pan. Another key is to *blend blend blend*! I never thought I could look good in a dark maroony brown with gold shimmer in it, but Wine-Gold P 02 looks amazing once it's blended in. (Edited to add: The best brush I have found to apply these blushes is a skunk brush, Lancome #3 or CVS has one too. The bristles allow you to pick up just a tiny bit so you don't wind up with striped cheeks, lol. With a skunk brush and some blending, I look amazing!)

This is a professional brand and meant to be put in palettes. If you choose to do so, please do NOT bake out the pan. There are tiny holes in the back underneath a little white circle. Just push a pin though and the pan will pop right out. There are many palettes you can use to hold these besides Shu palette. TM Planner Pages, MAC 15-pan (with round insert removed), Aveda, and many others.

Once you get used to the numbering system, it is very easy. P = pearl (shimmery) & M = matte. If there is a letter after the number, such as Pink P 36d, it most likely means that they ran out of numbers, lol. In general, the higher the number, the darker the color (example: Orange P 51 is a lighter color than Orange P 58d).

01-09 = Misc colors (Wine-Gold P 02, Beige P 04, Purple P 05b & Yellow M 06 etc)

10s = Red and Rose

20s = Wine

30s = Pink

40s = Peach

50s = Orange (and Yellow M 53)

60s = Brick

70s = Brown

80s = Amber

90s = metal colors (Silver P 91, Gold P 92, Gold P 93d are the only ones I know)

So Pink M 33b means that it is a matte pink and it should be medium-light.

The cost of each blush is $21. Yes, that is pricey, but so worth it! These are wonderful blushes and I highly recomend them, but if possible try to see these in person for the best colors for you. :)

I have pics of lots of the Shu Glow On blushes under my carolineswing4 account, so please look there. Or go to:

If you go to my Wishlist and look under "Unlisted Brands", I have a list of all the Shu Glow On's I have ever heard of. There are also lists of all the Shu e/s, Shu Palettes, Aveda e/s & MAC Pigments I have ever heard of. :)

I got this blush in Peach 44. It's a matte peachy color, and when they say peach, they meant peach. It's so pretty. The color you see in the pot is actually the color u will see on ur cheeks. Thats how pigmented these things are. You only need a little sweep and you will have a nice color on your cheeks. the first time i put this on, I used a little too much and it was soo bright, but not scary. This is such a high quality product for a good price. I'm not saying it isn't expensive, but for the quality and product you get, it's totally worth your money. Nothing can compare. AFter using this, it makes MAC's blushes look like a big joke. The only 2 blushes that i will buy from now on will be this brand and NARS.

on 2/14/2004 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i just bought shu uemura glow on in p pink 30!!!
the best blush on ever!very natural.. it's expensive but it's worth it. plnning get the p peach 47 next..

on 2/5/2004 9:12:00 PM

it's so fine the texture i love it. you can get this fan shape brush from shu uemura too and it applies bright colors really nicely. i am a die-hard fan.

on 2/1/2004 2:44:00 PM

If I don't want to spend time applying or blending I reach for my Shu blushes. I layer a pink and peach one since the pink is very light. Smooth, even application every time. Update: These are great, but if you want something less expensive try NYX blush or Everyday Minerals.

Best blush ever. I have tried enough other brands to make my conclusion. It's easy to apply the blush on my skin and looks very natural (I have the pink one in peach, got it from Japan). The blush also looks very soft on my face and has glitters that shine on.

M Pink 33E -- a beautiful, subtle soft pink -- a real "healthy-glow" pink. I liked the superior quality of the powder -- very silky, and applies with an almost creamy consistancy. The packaging is simple, and I like that it's clear so I don't have to hunt for a name or open it to see what color I'm reaching for in my make-up organizer, but at $18 it's a bit pricey for a tiny pan of color. I got mine at auction for a few dollars and for that price I would gladly repurchase. But not at full retail -- there are plenty of quality alternatives at a better price.

on 1/17/2004 5:06:00 PM

Amazing blush, I have this in RED. Looks truly red/orange in the container, but a nice flush of color once applied. Can be layered easily, very smooth and long lasting. No funky cosmetic smells either. Good stuff.

on 12/28/2003 2:54:00 AM

I have e one in M Pink 33B.It looked really natural when i brush it across my cheeks!It make my whole face more radiant in an instant!A definite buy!However,it make me broke out a little..it may be due to e fact that I didn't clean my brush well.

on 11/30/2003 4:01:00 AM

Mine the colour M33E is pure baby pink,the colour is just pretty,but if you pefer the blush more plum ,this one is not for you.M33E is pretty for a pretty natural look.