shu uemura Glow On Blush

shu uemura Glow On Blush
shu uemura glow on - m peach 41shu uemura glow on - p orange 53

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-2, Triisostearate, Sorbeth-4 Tetraoleate, Myristyl Myristate, Silica, Methicone, Methylparaben, Butylparaben [ /- May contain: Mica, Cl 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499 / Iron Oxides, Cl 77007 / Ultramarines, Cl 75470 / Carmine ]. Code F.I.L.: B27889/1.

I recently purchased this blush as part of the special compact Shu Uemura has (you can purchase the compact for $12, I think, and pack it up with two blushes and four shadows, one blush and six shadows, or eight shadows. You have to purchase all the items individually and they can be taken out of their individual package and placed into this compact. I know this sounds like a pain, however you can purchase other shoadows and blushes in the future and switch from the individual packages of those into this compact and vice versa). As part of this compact, the blush functions wonderfully for me. Beforehand I was traveling around with endless containers of eye shadow and blush randomly stuck in my handbag and this was a real pain when I needed to use the stuff. With this compact, I have solved this problem with all I need to color my face basically in one simple compact. The blush is nice. I am not sure if I selected the wrong color, though, but I'll have to see through time how it phases out. It is a nice blush, but I am not sure if it is the best one for me. It may be the color, however I am not sure I would buy this blush if it was not for the fact it is in this convenient compact. Time can only tell.

EDIT (6/16/2007): I did away with this blush a long time ago as it wasn't adding necessary color to my pale complexion. I like Nars powder blushes and Make Up Forever Cream Blushes a lot better!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

oh my, there have increased their price again? i paid S$ 38 for the latest P Pink 30A, should be 1 of their new spring/ summer 2005 collection. it's a nice bright pink with slight glitter. gives out a very nice glowy pink with just 2 light strokes. but really not sure if i will purchase again, the price tag is kinda scary..maybe i shld try other brands..

on 2/27/2005 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought my first Shu Uemura blush years ago, can't recall the color now. In between I bought a lot of other brands but suddenly became interested in Shu again because of the awesome pastel colors of 2005 S/S. The one I took home was 33E, a pale pretty matte pink, and now I want P 40 and M 44 and P Amber 84 and on and on and on :P it's light, easy to distinguish because of the clear plastic packaging which is great for color coordination when you're in a hurry. I don't think it's so hard to use: my blusher brush is MAC 129SE and i get color off the blush very easily without powder flying everywhere.

on 2/14/2005 2:36:00 PM

i bought shu uemura glow on blush in m pink 33 e and i'm loving it! wayyyyy prettier than the body shop in briar rose and chanel in incognito. having read the reviews in here, p pink 30 and m pink 33 b are the next ones i'm gonna get :)

on 1/19/2005 5:08:00 AM

i recieved one in a swap and i have to say i'm surprised how highly pigmentated it turn out to be!usually i have to swipe a few strokes in order to get the blush colour onto my cheeks for other brands of blush but one swipe is more than enough! now i fully understand why are their blushes so expensive... =)

on 1/8/2005 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I started my endless make up journey with Shu. I love: P Red 14 & 19D; P Wine 25, 27 & 29; P Pink 30 & 36D; P Peach 40; P Amber 83 & more. I do have several lovely matte pink blushers like P Pink 33E and can't recall the no. now. =)

on 1/2/2005 9:23:00 AM

Just got my first Shu Blush, I LOVE it! Stays on well and comes in a small no nonsense container. Great product.

on 12/30/2004 2:49:00 AM

The shades are amazing, but the packaging is totally crap! It's an awkward slim rectangle shape and I have to press my blusher brush against it from several angles just to get an even coverage. Also, the powder seems rather loosely packed and I end up picking up way too much or it spills all over the sides. Very messy to use. It would be so much better in a round shape.

on 12/16/2004 10:24:00 PM

I understand complaints about packaging. Thought I'd let you all know Shu sells an $8 compact, solidly made, with mirror, that holds 2 blushes or 1 blush and 2 shadows. (The sell one three times the size for $15, both on the Shu website.) Wish I'd known-that- before. Just as another reviewer stated, these products are not meant to be carted around in the plastic packaging--they're meant to be put into compacts. Also as another reviewer advised, the Shu MA showed me how to press side of a 17 pony brush (so the gradated fan-like bristles pick up the color, not the tip) into the blush, then wipe that way. Works perfectly for those deeply pigmented blushes.

on 12/2/2004 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this blush! I bought this in M Pink 33B (Pink with a very light touch of lavender) and it goes on so sheer and just gives you a very natural 'glow' that lasts. Overall a fantastic product. *UPDATE* I have since purchased P Pink 36D, P Peach 47, P Amber 83, P Orange 55, M Orange 55, P Purple 05B and I can't express how much I love them all! The colors may look dark or strong in the pan but b/c it's so sheer the color goes on as a light wash on the cheeks. i.e....I was initially horrified at P Orange 55 which was like a tangerine in the pan but when the SA applied on me, it went on such a pretty natural peachy apricot and it's now one of my fav blushes! Fantastic quality can't say enough good things about Shu blushes!!!