shu uemura Glow On Blush

shu uemura Glow On Blush
shu uemura glow on - m peach 41shu uemura glow on - p orange 53

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Octyldodecanol, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-2, Triisostearate, Sorbeth-4 Tetraoleate, Myristyl Myristate, Silica, Methicone, Methylparaben, Butylparaben [ /- May contain: Mica, Cl 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499 / Iron Oxides, Cl 77007 / Ultramarines, Cl 75470 / Carmine ]. Code F.I.L.: B27889/1.

on 2/17/2008 1:51:00 PM

I have several Shu blushes and would buy them again. I love them. Very blendable and such great colors. I would recommend these to anyone.

on 11/28/2007 11:18:00 PM

Shu does a great job for creating colours that suit a range of skintones. I have P93d gold (a true gold with burnt tones) and P91 gold (cream vanilla highlights). 93 is probably most similar to Mac's Honour and good for warm skintones. While 91 is good for highlighting the tops of cheek bones rather than the whole cheek bone area. It's rare to find gold/vanilla toned blushes in brands carried in European department stores, but since it is a Japanese brand they are more colour conscious and create a wider selection. For something in between the 91 and 93, I recommend MUJI's Gold face colour which is a true metalic gold and has high quality texture like Shu. No chunky glitters and no greasy sheen.

on 10/20/2007 1:06:00 PM

The clear packaging is very clever, you can easily see what shade it is without flipping it over and reading the tiny print. Which is great because Shu Uemura doesn't use catchy names like "Orgasm" or "Dandelion" to market their products. There are plenty of flattering shades to choose from, they have several color categories including pink (obviously), amber, brown, red, and wine. The pigment is so silky and concentrated, sometimes I'll apply them as eyeshadows, or even apply to my lips and then top with a clear gloss. I must be lucky, I've never had a problem with the opening mechanism. The very best thing about these is they are seemingly bottomless. I feel like I go through my huge Cargo blushes far faster than my tiny Shu Glow Ons. My favorite shades are P Brown 76 (a wonderful warm-toned pearly bronze) and P Pink 30 (a babydoll pink shade). I'm a MAC NC20. Since these are quite pigmented, they're best applied with a light hand, and blended well. ♥ ♥ ♥

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have had three of these blushes, m pink 33, m pink 31 and p amber 83. All were joys. I actually finished the m pink 33, and do you know how hard it is for a makeup addict junkie to actually finish one of the millions of products she hoards?

My only gripe is that you have to check before you leave the store how well your particular box is going to open or close. Some are too loose and open in your makeup bag. Some are too tight and when you yank them open you stick your finger into the blush. Those shu dealers are never around, open up your package and check yourself, if they ask, just plead white trash.

Man I love me some shu blush. Especially since he went color shopping at Laura Mercier's house.

on 7/28/2007 5:39:00 PM

I liked these at first, until I recently noticed they look real powdery and madeup, and they arent that pigmented. I have a dry skin so it is easy for a powder blush start to feel dry and itchy. I have also noticed that I have problem with products that contain kaolin, and these blushes do. However Ilove the simple and elegant packaging. Laura Mercier powder blush looks more natural on me.

on 11/17/2006 2:20:00 PM

I have a predisposition to Shu Uemura products, I just love them so much, so be warned, this may be incredibly biased. Personally, I love the glow on blushes, they're smooth, long wearing and subtle. The names are not very desirable, usually some code, but the product is just wonderful!!! The packing is not the best though might I add, it often opens up inside my makeup bag if I'm not careful but I just really love Shu Uemura!!!

I think Shu Uemura has one of the widest range of blushes that cater to just about every skintone. The blushes (and e/s) in this line are meant to be depotted into palettes, hence the somewhat filmsy clear plastic cases. I don't have a problem with them, in fact I like it that I don't have to open the case to see what colour is in it.
I have M Peach 43, which replaced my M Peach 40 which was simply too light to show up decently on me (warm LLL). I don't know about other shades or the Pearl finish ones, but mine picks up well but is quite powdery though so I have to make sure I shake off the excess before I apply.

Although I own blushes from other brands of equally good quality, Shu Uemura's are always a safe choice, their quality consistent and are not expensive at all (in my country at least). I will always buy from this line. continued >>

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i guess i'm in the minority here, but i think shu blushes really suck. i ordered several based on the reviews,and they were all very powdery. none of them showed up on my skin, and i'm not even that dark. in order to get some color, i had to add many layers, and even then... it looks all cakey and powdery. it just sat on top of my skin and did not wear well. the color selection is nice, and i love the packaging; however, the product itself was terrible and not worth the money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Shu Uemura Glow On is a soft-textured powder blush in a range of natural-looking shades that glides on like silk and blends easily to create a subtle glow. My favorite texture is the "Pearl", which gives translucent glow to cheeks ♥ P Wine 25 & P Pink 30!

on 5/17/2006 6:26:00 AM

Not very cheap but once you've tried it, you'll be hooked!!